Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Vox Media (news website)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Vox Media (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Schiff (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California-28
- Barack Obama (1) Democratic President (elected 2008)
- Bernie Sanders (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Bob Casey (1) Democratic Sr Senator; previously state treasurer Pennsylvania
- Brett Kavanaugh (2) Nominee for Supreme Court Justice
- Carly Fiorina (1) California V.P. nominee toTed Cruz
- Charles Schumer (1) Democratic Sr Senator New York
- Chris Christie (1) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Claire McCaskill (1) Democratic Sr Senator; previously state Auditor Missouri
- Cory Booker (2) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Cynthia Nixon (1) New York Democratic candidate for governor of New York
- Donald Trump (9) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Elizabeth Warren (4) Massachusetts Senator
- Jay Inslee (6) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Joe Biden (2) Democratic V.P.
- John Fetterman (3) Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Kamala Harris (2) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Lincoln Chafee (2) Rhode Island Independent Rhode Island Governor
- Martin Heinrich (1) Democratic Challenger New Mexico
- Pete Buttigieg (2) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Pope Francis (3) Leader of the Catholic Church
- Ricky Rossello (1) Puerto Rico Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Ro Khanna (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California- 17
- Scott Walker (1) Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Sherrod Brown (1) Democratic Sr Senator Ohio
- Ted Cruz (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Tom Wolf (2) Pennsylvania Democratic Governor
- Wanda Vazquez Garced (3) Puerto Rico Democratic candidate for governor
- Wayne Messam (2) Florida Democratic Presidential Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in Vox.com blog:
- "Warren's bold plan to crack down on corruption in Washington, explained," by Ella Nilsenella, Sep. 16, 2019
- "Wayne Messam's key policy proposals, briefly explained", by Sean Collins, 7/2/2019
- "The 20-year argument between Biden and Warren over bankruptcy," by Matthew Yglesias, May 6, 2019
- "Democrats are increasingly critical of Israel. Not Pete Buttigieg," by Alex Ward, 4/3/2019
- "Trump's decision to cut off aid to 3 Central American countries, explained," by Dara Lind, Apr 1, 2019
- "An abortion clinic is suing to open in Pete Buttigieg's city," by Anna North, 3/27/2019
- "Meet the first Democrat running for president on climate change," by David Roberts, Mar 1, 2019
- "That time Donald Trump proposed a 14.5 percent wealth tax", by Matthew Yglesias, Jan 31, 2019
- "5 anti-poverty plans from 2020 Democratic presidential contenders, explained," by Dylan Matthews, Jan 30, 2019
- "Elizabeth Warren's proposed tax on enormous fortunes, explained," by Matthew Yglesias, Jan 24, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Pete Buttigieg: Abortion is a woman's choice, not a political statement.
Budget & Economy|
Donald Trump: 1999: one-time wealth tax on top 1% to reduce national debt.
Charles Schumer: Measure distribution of growth, not just overall GDP growth.
Martin Heinrich: Measure distribution of growth, not just overall GDP growth.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Oversaw budget cuts to groups serving battered women.
Jay Inslee: Statehood for DC & Puerto Rico; they deserve representation.
Brett Kavanaugh: Federal regulatory agencies are threat to individual liberty.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: May have meddled in theft investigation at daughter's home.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Didn't investigate corruption over hurricane relief.
Kamala Harris: I chose the unpopular thing to NOT seek the death penalty.
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on death penalty; reprieves to death-row inmates.
Wayne Messam: One-time forgiveness of student debt, increase Pell Grants.
Joe Biden: 2005: no bankruptcy for student loans; 2015: student relief.
Energy & Oil|
Jay Inslee: Fighting climate change must be top goal of next president.
Jay Inslee: Supported renewable portfolio; supports Green New Deal.
John Fetterman: Fracking acceptable if it brings thousands of jobs.
Donald Trump: End war on coal: it's important for our defense.
Pope Francis: Climate change is a critical problem that must be addressed.
Donald Trump: Treat foes of US worse than they could ever imagine.
Lincoln Chafee: After Iraq war, we have to repair American credibility.
Carly Fiorina: I know the leaders of the Mideast; Obama & Hillary do not.
Elizabeth Warren: End corruption of government by corporations & billionaires.
Cynthia Nixon: Main focus of campaign is exposing ongoing corruption.
Wayne Messam: No guns for mentally ill, domestic abusers, watch lists.
Brett Kavanaugh: Banning semiautomatic rifles & handgun registration unlawful.
Donald Trump: Teachers with gun training should be allowed to carry.
Jay Inslee: Implemented statewide public option within ObamaCare.
Jay Inslee: Medicare for all who want it: opt-in, not mandate.
Bob Casey: Defend ObamaCare instead of single-payer.
Claire McCaskill: Keep options open, instead of single-payer.
Cory Booker: Ok to consider single-payer, but I'm not behind it.
Pete Buttigieg: Be serious about security like Israel, but live freely.
Donald Trump: Cut off aid $700M to Central American Northern Triangle.
Pope Francis: Opposes border wall between US and Mexico.
Pope Francis: Vocal advocate for the plight of refugees.
Bernie Sanders: Open borders for guest workers pushes down U.S. worker wages.
John Fetterman: Raise minimum wage to $15 per hour.
Tom Wolf: Raised minimum wage from $7 to $10 per hour.
Scott Walker: Right-to-work rules stand up for the hardworking taxpayers.
Principles & Values|
Adam Schiff: Trump accepting assistance from Russians is criminal.
Ricky Rossello: Leak of bigoted, vulgar messages leads to protests.
John Fetterman: Beat establishment incumbent as Bernie Sanders progressive.
Chris Christie: Sometimes must tell constituents to sit down & shut up.
Ted Cruz: I'm despised by GOP establishment, but so was Reagan.
Donald Trump: Comparison of Warren wealth tax to Trump wealth tax.
Elizabeth Warren: Comparison of Trump wealth tax to Warren wealth tax.
Elizabeth Warren: Curb inequality: 2% tax on assets over $50M; 3% over $1B.
Donald Trump: People want tax cuts; don't understand tax reform.
Jay Inslee: Requires major rebuilding of America, means new jobs.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: To eradicate ISIS, we need action, not talk.
Lincoln Chafee: Calls drone strikes "extrajudicial assassinations".
Barack Obama: ISIS, like the Crusades, doesn't mean religion is violent.
Welfare & Poverty|
Elizabeth Warren: Bankruptcy filers are squeezed by economy, not irresponsible.
Joe Biden: 2005 Bankruptcy bill was flawed, but my input made it better.
Cory Booker: HOME Act: $134 billion a year via EITC for people in poverty.
Kamala Harris: LIFT Act and Rent Relief: $42 billion to people in poverty.
Ro Khanna: GAIN Act: $111 billion a year for people in poverty.
Sherrod Brown: GAIN Act: $111 billion a year for people in poverty.
Donald Trump: Rebuild our black inner cities, which are so sad.
The above quotations are from Vox Media (news website).