Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in The Nation magazine
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Nation (number of quotes indicated):
- Abdul El-Sayed (1) Michigan Democratic candidate for Governor
- Alan Keyes (2) Republican
- Andrew Yang (1) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Barbara Lee (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California-13
- Ben Carson (2) HUD Secretary
- Bernie Sanders (4) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Brian Schatz (1) Democratic Jr Senator Hawaii
- Elizabeth Warren (1) Massachusetts Senator
- Howie Hawkins (2) New York Green Party Presidential Challenger
- Jeb Bush (6) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Kirsten Gillibrand (1) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Lindsey Graham (2) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mike Gravel (2) Democratic challenger for president
- Mike Huckabee (3) Arkansas Republican Presidential candidate
- Rand Paul (7) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rick Santorum (1) Republican Presidential candidate
- Steve Bullock (1) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Tom Udall (1) Democratic Sr Senator (Retiring 2020) New Mexico
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Nation magazine:
- "We Asked the 2020 Contenders How They Plan to Tackle Inequality," by Sam Pizzigati, November 19, 2019
- "Economic Security Should Be Lifelong," by Peter Barnes, May 15, 2019
- "Why Democratic Contenders Now Call for Abolishing the Electoral College," by John Nichols, April 22, 2019
- "Breaking the Boundaries of 2-Party Politics in New York," by John Nichols, Nov 1, 2018
- "A Governor Renews Net-Neutrality Protections With the Stroke of a Pen," by John Nichols, Jan 24, 2018
- More citations to follow....
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ben Carson: Need civil discussion between pro-life and pro-choice.
Rick Santorum: Push for religious liberty in workplace, but not anti-gay.
Bernie Sanders: Casino-type capitalism causes devastating problems.
Barbara Lee: Environment relates to racial & economic justice.
Bernie Sanders: Climate change will lead to international security crises.
Families & Children|
Howie Hawkins: Supports universal healthcare & universal pre-K.
Ben Carson: Focus on funding refugee camps; not bringing refugees to US.
Jeb Bush: Duty to protect religious minorities & Christian refugees.
Jeb Bush: Russia won't be an ally in Syria but maintain communication.
Bernie Sanders: We have to negotiate with others, even Iran.
Mike Huckabee: Governors have world views; I've been all over the Mideast.
Jeb Bush: Passivity hasn't worked on Russia and Ukraine.
Bernie Sanders: Base trade policy on working families, not multinationals.
Alan Keyes: Tariffs make foreigners share burden of US government.
Brian Schatz: Abolish the Electoral College.
Elizabeth Warren: Every vote matters: so abolish the Electoral College.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Abolish the Electoral College.
Tom Udall: Abolish Electoral College; extend vote to DC & territories.
Rand Paul: Both refugees and visa waivers pose threat.
Rand Paul: Bulk data collection does not improve safety.
Rand Paul: Surveillance of mosques ok; database of Muslims not ok.
Jeb Bush: OpEd: Distancing himself from brother & neocons.
Mike Gravel: Fought & beat Nixon White House on Pentagon Papers in 1971.
Mike Gravel: Bush administration’s secrecy is worse than Nixon’s.
Rand Paul: Legal status for 11 million illegals after we secure border.
Principles & Values|
Howie Hawkins: Third parties force issues neglected by major parties.
Rand Paul: Conservative on spending; libertarian-ish on other issues.
Andrew Yang: Fund Freedom Dividend payments with 10% VAT.
Abdul El-Sayed: Limit tax foreclosures for over-assessed Detroit properties.
Alan Keyes: Excise taxes allow citizens to control tax rate themselves.
Steve Bullock: Signed executive order requiring net neutrality.
War & Peace|
Jeb Bush: No-fly zone in Syria; arm Kurds; establish Sunni coalition.
Jeb Bush: Send troops to Syria to then remain to maintain stability.
Lindsey Graham: Military commitment of regional troops in Syria is necessary.
Lindsey Graham: Regional, not US, army would keep stability in Syria.
Rand Paul: Only Sunni-Shiite coalition forces, not US, in Syria.
Rand Paul: Keep on mind on Iran nukes but don't trust the ayatollahs.
Mike Huckabee: Arm the Kurds to fight ISIS, plus U.S. bombing.
Mike Huckabee: US boots on the ground to fight ISIS ok, if others join too.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in The Nation magazine.