Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Between Hope and History: Meeting America's Challenges for the 21st Century, by Bill Clinton
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click here for 37 full quotes from Bill Clinton in the book Between Hope and History.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Let women decide with their doctor and their God.
Budget & Economy|
Cut the deficit to lower interest rates.
Affirmative action: mend it, don’t end it.
More police, punishment, & prevention.
Three Strikes and You’re Out for violent criminals.
Death penalty for 60 violent crimes.
Drug strategy to reduce both supply and demand.
Both teachers and students must demonstrate competence.
Reward best public schools; redesign failing ones.
Need not leave religion at the schoolhouse door.
Private student prayer OK; but no official school prayer.
Energy & Oil|
Need binding treaties on global warming.
Much left to do on clean air, water, & environment.
Families & Children|
Get tough on youth violence and gangs.
Engagement over escapism and isolation.
Strategy: strength, peace, and open trade.
Support forces of reform in Russia.
Engage China but take a firm line.
On balance, trade creates jobs.
Support NAFTA & GATT: build bridges, not walls.
Fair trade will liberalize China.
Big Government is over; but government has a role.
Support Brady Bill, oppose assault weapons.
Do more for health insurance.
Decrease force size but increase quality.
Finally, not a single Russian nuke is aimed at US.
Build a sensible missile defense, not “Star Wars”.
We are richer for the energy & ideas of immigrants.
Strict enforcement against illegal immigration.
Principles & Values|
America stands today between hope and history.
Safeguard retirement plans and minimize risk.
Target tax cuts on IRAs, education, & families.
Across-the-board tax cuts are irresponsible.
Connect every library and classroom to the Internet.
V-Chip lets parents self-screen TV.
Welfare & Poverty|
Welfare-to-work, instead of welfare as a way of life.
Welfare reform includes states, communities, & businesses.
The above quotations are from Between Hope and History: Meeting America's Challenges for the 21st Century, by Bill Clinton.
Books by and about Bill Clinton:
- Bill Clinton's main page
- Back to Work, by Bill Clinton
- Behind the Oval Office, by Dick Morris
- My Life, by Bill Clinton
- Giving, by Bill Clinton
- The Blair Years, by Alastair Campbell
- Clinton on Clinton
- Between Hope and History, by Bill Clinton
- The Dysfunctional President, by Paul M. Fick, PhD
- The Natural, by Joe Klein
- Report Card on President Clinton's First Four Years, by Thomas Blood and Bruce Henderson
- The Agenda: Inside the Clinton White House, by Bob Woodward
- Past Presidents Archive
- Past Vice Presidents Archive
- Clinton's State of the Union speeches
- Clinton-Bush-Perot Debates (1992)
Books by and about Hillary Clinton:
- Hillary Clinton's main page
- Hard Choices, by Hillary Clinton (2014) - her autobiography while Secretary of State.
- Living History, by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003) - her autobiography.
- Friends in High Places, by Webb Hubbell (1997) - Insider's view of the Clinton governorship and presidency
- God and Hillary Clinton: A Spiritual Life, by Paul Kengor (2007) - a religious perspective.
- The Final Days, by Barbara Olson (2001) - exploration of actions at the end of the Clinton presidency
- For Love of Politics: The White House Years, by Sally Bedell Smith (2007) - a joint biography.
- Condi vs. Hillary: The Next Great Presidential Race, by Dick Morris (2005) - the predicted race didn't happen, but still a good analysis by Bill Clinton's former adviser.
- Partners in Power, by Roger Morris (1999) - anti-Hillary, anti-Bill, and anti-Democrat.