Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
State of New York Politicians: secondary Archives
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from State of New York secondary Archives (number of quotes indicated):
- ACLU (1)
- Adriano Espillat (1)
- Andrew Cuomo (30) New York Democratic Governor
- David Paterson (1) New York Former Democratic Governor (2008-2010)
- Eric Adams (1) New York Democratic Mayor NYC
- Grace Meng (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New York-6
- Hakeem Jeffries (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New York-8
- Joe Morelle (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New York-25
- John DeFrancisco (1) New York Republican Challenger for NY Governor
- Kathy Hochul (5) New York Democratic Lt. Governor
- Marc Molinaro (1) New York Republican candidate for governor of New York
- Rob Astorino (7) New York Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Zephyr Teachout (7) New York Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Scroll down for headlines, or click for archive from another state:
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Andrew Cuomo: Codify state with federal law to allow 9th-month abortions.
Rob Astorino: No 9th-month abortions, even if federal law allows it.
Budget & Economy|
Andrew Cuomo: Economic Blueprint: growth via development projects.
Andrew Cuomo: Many building projects; all on budget.
Andrew Cuomo: I'm not in business of papering over problems with money.
Eric Adams: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
John DeFrancisco: Don't expand opportunities for women/minority-owned business.
Marc Molinaro: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
Joe Morelle: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
Grace Meng: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
Hakeem Jeffries: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
Adriano Espillat: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
David Paterson: Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses.
Andrew Cuomo: Marriage equality for ALL New Yorkers.
Andrew Cuomo: $200M contract support to get 20% MWBE contracts.
Andrew Cuomo: Improved services to 2 million residents with disabilities.
Andrew Cuomo: Prosecute violent hate as domestic terrorism.
Rob Astorino: Opposes gay marriage, but it's a non-issue.
Rob Astorino: Opposes gay marriage, but it's the law of the land.
Andrew Cuomo: Prevent landlords from avoiding rent regulation.
Zephyr Teachout: Apply anti-trust rules to corporate political power.
ACLU: Eliminating cash bail perpetuates racist system.
Andrew Cuomo: Prisons are not an economic development program.
Andrew Cuomo: Bail reform is right, but complicated.
Rob Astorino: No medical marijuana; due to pills, process, and quality.
Andrew Cuomo: Additional SUNY Challenge Grants.
Andrew Cuomo: Replace 1950s bureaucracy with 2020 performance organization.
Kathy Hochul: Partnerships between employers and educational institutions.
Zephyr Teachout: The public school system has been robbed.
Zephyr Teachout: Stop looting public school system to serve wealthy interests.
Energy & Oil|
Andrew Cuomo: Focus more attention on exploiting our solar potential.
Andrew Cuomo: Pro-active policy to protect groundwater.
Kathy Hochul: EPA cleanup of intolerable odors & emissions in Attica.
Andrew Cuomo: Follow Congressional process in Syrian intervention.
Andrew Cuomo: Start-Up NY: expand foreign trade to boost upstate economies.
Andrew Cuomo: Public Integrity Reform Act: state ethics disclosures.
Andrew Cuomo: Committed to campaign finance reform.
Zephyr Teachout: Build political system where wealthy donors aren't in charge.
Zephyr Teachout: Political system is still corrupt and rigged for the wealthy.
Kathy Hochul: Top rating from National Rifle Association.
Rob Astorino: Opposes SAFE Act gun control measure.
Andrew Cuomo: Implement the N.Y. Health Exchange with federal funds.
Kathy Hochul: 2007: No drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants.
Kathy Hochul: Submit temporary guest worker applications online.
Zephyr Teachout: Honor the dignity of all immigrants.
Andrew Cuomo: Attack chronic unemployment among inner-city youth.
Principles & Values|
Andrew Cuomo: OpEd: Primary challenge doubles the campaign donation limit.
Zephyr Teachout: Political icons: Teddy Roosevelt & Louis Brandeis.
Andrew Cuomo: Expose obscure formulas that cause automatic increases.
Andrew Cuomo: A flat tax is not a fair tax.
Andrew Cuomo: Enacted NY's first-ever property tax cap: 2% per year.
Andrew Cuomo: Tax cut for middle class; increase taxes on wealthiest 1%.
Rob Astorino: Held Westchester County taxes to $548M, without cuts.
Andrew Cuomo: Maximize mass transportation & add capacity.
Welfare & Poverty|
Andrew Cuomo: Create a Foreclosure Relief Unit to keep people in homes.
Andrew Cuomo: Remove barriers to food stamps: stop fingerprinting for food.
Rob Astorino: AdWatch: Opposes affordable housing & hence minorities.
The above quotations are from State of New York Politicians: secondary Archives.
Debates and books for New York:
- 2022-11: 2022 NY Senate race
- 2022-11: 2022 NY Governor's race
- 2020-11: 2020 House NY elections
- 2019-11: Past and present Governor candidates from New York
- 2019-04: The War on Normal People
- 2019-03: National Action Network
- 2019-01: Jacobin Magazine
- 2018-11: NY Congressional representatives, past and present
- 2018-11: 2018 NY Senate race
- 2018-11: 2018 NY Governor's race
- 2018-11: 2018 House NY elections
- 2017-11: Past and present Senate candidates from New York
- 2017-09: What Happened, by Hillary Clinton
- 2017-01: The New York Times 2020s
- 2016-12: United Nations
- 2016-12: State of New York secondary Archives
- 2016-11: Trump campaign vs. Trump administration
- 2016-11: 2016 NY Senate race
- 2016-08: Trump Revealed
- 2016-08: The Making of Donald Trump
- 2016-04: Democratic debate in Brooklyn
- 2016-02: Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues, by Jesse Gordon
- 2015-11: Crippled America, by Donald J. Trump
- 2015-09: Never Enough, by Michael D'Antonio
- 2015-01: The New York Post
- 2014-11: 2014 New York Governor's race
- 2014-10: All Things Possible, by Andrew Cuomo
- 2014-06: Hillary Rodham Clinton New Memoir due out June 1, 2014
- 2014_09: Off the Sidelines
- 2013-01: The New York Times 2010s
- 2012-01: The New York Daily News
- 2011-12: Time to Get Tough, by Donald Trump
- 2011-11: NY legislative records
- 2010-09: Money, Power, Politics, by Joyce Purnick
- 2010-09: 2010 N.Y. Senate Debates
- 2010-08: Newsday
- 2010-04: Think Like a Champion, by Donald Trump
- 2010-03: The Wall Street Journal
- 2010-01: The New York Times
- 2010-01: State of New York Archives
- 2008-09: Think Big by Donald Trump
- 2008-08: Bad Day Since, by Rep. Charles Rangel
- 2007-05: The Full Rudy
- 2007-05: America's Mayor, America's President, by Robert Polner
- 2007-01: Giuliani: Flawed or Flawless?
- 2006-10: Trump 101 by Donald Trump
- 2006-10: New York 2006 Senate Debate
- 2005-04: A Patriot`s Handbook, by Caroline Kennedy
- 2004-10: NY Senate debate
- 2004-03: Trump: How to Get Rich
- 2003-10: Crossroads, by Andrew Cuomo
- 2003-04: Profiles In Courage For Our Time, by Caroline Kennedy
- 2002-10: Leadership, autobiography by Rudolph Giuliani
- 2002-01: The New York Times 2000s
- 2001-08: "Bloomberg by Bloomberg," by Mike Bloomberg
- 2000-11: NY Senate race, third & final debate
- 2000-10: NY Senate race, debate in Manhattan
- 2000-09: NY Senate race, debate in Buffalo
- 2000: Reason to Believe
- 1998-06: An Autobiography by George Pataki
- 1997-10: The Art of the Comeback, by Donald Trump
- 1992-03: In Our Defense, by Caroline Kennedy
- 1989-01: The Art of the Deal
- 1969-01: 13 Days, by Robert F. Kennedy