Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Meet the Press interviews for 2023 races
(Chuck Todd interviewing candidates for 2021-2023 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Meet the Press interviews for 2023 races (number of quotes indicated):
- Asa Hutchinson (2) Arkansas Republican presidential contender; AR Governor
- Doug Burgum (3) North Dakota 2024 Presidential contender; Republican Governor
- Mike Pence (2) Indiana Former Republican Vice President
- Tate Reeves (1) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
- Vivek Ramaswamy (3) District of Columbia Republican Challenger
- Will Hurd (3) Texas Republican presidential challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
We excerpt the Sunday pundit shows as candidates prepare for the 2023 gubernatorial races.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: 9 AM - 10 AM EST: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": 9 AM - 1 PM EST: (Dana Bash & Kaitlan Collins; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: 9 AM EST; rebroadcast 2 PM: (Shannon Bream; conservative)
- NBC Meet the Press: 9 AM EST; rebroadcast 4 AM Monday: (Kristen Welker; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM EST(Margaret Brennan and Robert Costa; moderate)
- 2023 Presidential Primary: Chuck Todd Interview With Fmr. Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas), July 30, 2023; (Link)
- 2023 Presidential Primary: Chuck Todd Interview With Presidential Candidate Gov. Doug Burgum (R-N.D.), July 9, 2023; (Link)
- Meet the Press June 18, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with Mike Pence; (Link)
- Meet the Press May 14, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with Former Rep. Will Hurd; (Link)
- Meet the Press May 7, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with former Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-Ark.); (Link)
- Meet the Press April 30, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy; (Link)
2023_Hopefuls and 2023_FNS
- Fox News Sunday April 23, 2023: Shannon Bream interview with Asa Hutchinson ; (Link)
- Fox News Sunday Feb. 26, 2023: Shannon Bream interview with Senator Tim Scott; (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tate Reeves: I believe that clearly life begins at conception.
Vivek Ramaswamy: I believe that abortion is a form of murder.
Doug Burgum: I support the Dobbs decision but wouldn't sign a federal ban.
Budget & Economy|
Asa Hutchinson: I plan to reduce federal civilian employment by 10%.
Will Hurd: First Republican to say that slavery is not a jobs program.
Doug Burgum: I think Putin is running a large criminal organization.
Asa Hutchinson: Supreme Court needs to be transparent on reporting rules.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Shut down the FBI and replace it with something new.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Gender dysphoria is suffering; we're creating more of it.
Will Hurd: There are common sense solutions, but pols have to sell them.
Principles & Values|
Mike Pence: United States is the gold standard of justice in the world.
Doug Burgum: The president is supposed to bring people together.
Will Hurd: Character matters; service matters; US has a world role.
Mike Pence: Let younger Americans invest a portion of their payroll tax.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Asa Hutchinson Arkansas Republican presidential contender; AR Governor
- Doug Burgum North Dakota 2024 Presidential contender; Republican Governor
- Mike Pence Indiana Former Republican Vice President
- Tate Reeves Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
- Vivek Ramaswamy District of Columbia Republican Challenger
- Will Hurd Texas Republican presidential challenger
The above quotations are from Meet the Press interviews for 2023 races
(Chuck Todd interviewing candidates for 2021-2023 races).