Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Interviews and analysis of presidential primary hopefuls during 2023
This collection of excerpts comes from articles about and early interviews of 2024 presidential hopefuls during 2023.
Asa Hutchinson (14) Arkansas Republican presidential contender; AR Governor
Chris Christie (11) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
Clarence Thomas (1) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
Corey Stapleton (5) Montana Republican Presidential Challenger
Cornel West (1) Green Party/People's Party candidate
Dean Phillips (5) Minnesota Democratic presidential Challenger
Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
Doug Burgum (7) North Dakota 2024 Presidential contender; Republican Governor
Francis Suarez (27) Florida Republican presidential challenger (withdrew Oct.2023)
Joe Biden (1) Democratic President; former V.P.; former Senator
Larry Elder (2) California Republican presidential contender (withdrew Oct.2023)
Marianne Williamson (3) Democratic candidate for President
Mike Pence (16) Indiana Former Republican Vice President (withdrew Oct.2023)
Nikki Haley (7) South Carolina Republican presidential contender; UN Ambassador 2017-2018
Perry Johnson (4) Illinois Republican presidential challenger
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (32) District of Columbia Independent presidential Challenger
Stephen Laffey (9) Rhode Island Republican presidential challenger
Tim Scott (3) South Carolina Republican presidential challenger; SC Senator
Vivek Ramaswamy (19) District of Columbia Republican Challenger
Will Hurd (11) Texas Republican presidential challenger (withdrew Oct.2023)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2023 speculation on 2024 presidential primary contenders (sources for issue excerpts):
- MinnPost.com, "Minnesota congressional delegation condemned Hamas attack on Israel; now come the policy differences," by Ana Radelat, Oct 11, 2023, (Link)
- Wikipedia on 2023_Hopefuls, "RFK Jr.: Riverkeeper", downloaded 10/9/2023, (Link)
- Remarks by President Biden Before the 78th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, September 19, 2023, (Link)
- CNBC Transcript, "Democratic Presidential Candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Speaks with CNBC's Brian Sullivan on 'Last Call' Today," Aug. 30 2023, (Link)
- WMUR, "Francis Saurez would promote healthy lifestyle as part of strategy to fight fentanyl crisis," by Adam Sexton, Aug 18, 2023, (Link)
- N.Y.Times on Pres. 2024 race: Vivek Ramaswamy On the Issues", 8/18/2023, (Link)
- N.Y. Times 2024 Presidential candidate summary, "Francis Suarez on the issues," 8/18/2023, (Link)
- Marijuana Moment, "Candidate Ramaswamy Supports Federal Marijuana Legalization And Allowing Veterans To Use Psychedelics," August 15, 2023, by Ben Adlin, (Link)
- Fierce Pharma e-magazine, "As former biotech leader Vivek Ramaswamy jumps in the presidential polls, what does he say for the life sciences brand?", by Ben Adams, Aug 15, 2023, (Link)
- Fox news, "Vivek Ramaswamy reveals 'dirty little secret' on US defense spending: 'We are way behind'," August 13, 2023, (Link)
- C-SPAN, "Perry Johnson Speaks at Iowa State Fair," August 11, 2023, (Link)
- Twitter @FrancisSuarez, "Mayor Francis Suarez," Aug 8, 2023, (Link)
- Meet the Press: Chuck Todd Interview With Fmr. Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas), July 30, 2023; (Link)
- CNN SOTU: Kasie Hunt Interview With Fmr. Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ); July 30, 2023; (Link)
- CNN SOTU: Kasie Hunt Interview With Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy; July 30, 2023; (Link)
- CBS Face the Nation: Margaret Brennan Interview With Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson; July 30, 2023; (Link)
- CBS Face the Nation: Margaret Brennan Interview With Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley; July 30, 2023; (Link)
- Marijuana Moment e-magazine, "Francis Suarez Says Feds Must 'Catch Up' On Marijuana, Despite Mixed Record As Miami Mayor," by Kyle Jaeger, July 24, 2023, (Link)
- CNN SOTU: Dana Bash Interview With Former Vice President Mike Pence; July 23, 2023; (Link)
- CBS Face the Nation: Margaret Brennan Interview With New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie; July 23, 2023; (Link)
- Newsweek, "Newsweek asks Robert F. Kennedy Jr: Why Not Stop the Conspiracy Theories?," by Paul Bond, 7/20/23 , (Link)
- The Street, "RFK Jr. Announces Bold Plan to Back Dollar With Bitcoin," Jul 18, 2023, (Link)
- CSPAN, "Francis Suarez Speaks at Turning Point Action Conference," July 16, 2023, (Link)
- CNN SOTU: Jake Tapper Interview With Fmr. Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ); July 16, 2023; (Link)
- ABC This Week: George Stephanopoulos Interview With Former Gov. Chris Christie; July 16, 2023; (Link)
- Business Insider, "Miami's mayor says the US should consider air strikes against Cuba," by John Haltiwanger, Jul 14, 2021, (Link)
- Meet the Press: Chuck Todd Interview With Presidential Candidate Gov. Doug Burgum (R-N.D.), July 9, 2023; (Link)
- Politico, "Cornel West wants to keep on pushing," by Calder McHugh, 07/07/2023, (Link)
- The New Yorker, "The Alternative Facts of Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.," by David Remnick, July 7, 2023, (Link)
- International Family News, "Robert F. Kennedy Jr. reaffirms support for abortion," July 3, 2023, (Link)
- ABC This Week: Jonathan Karl Interview With Former Vice President Mike Pence; July 2, 2023; (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" July 02, 2023, Dana Bash Interview With Fmr. Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX); (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" July 02, 2023: Dana Bash Interview With Fmr. Gov. Chris Christie (D-NJ); (Link)
- CBS Transcript July 2, 2023, Margaret Brennan interview with Former Vice President Mike Pence on "Face the Nation"; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript 7-2-23: Jon Karl interview with Former Vice President Mike Pence & Rep. Ro Khanna; (Link)
- CNN SOTU: Dana Bash Interview With Fmr. Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX); July 02, 2023; (Link)
- CBS Face the Nation: Margaret Brennan Interview With Fmr. V.P. Mike Pence; July 2, 2023; (Link)
- CNN, "Supreme Court affirmative action decision," by Aditi Sangal, Adrienne Vogt, Sydney Kashiwagi, Matt Meyer and Tori B. Powell, June 30, 2023, (Link)
- KARK News, "Arkansas lawmakers respond to Supreme Court decision rolling back affirmative action," by Alex Kienlen, Jun 29, 2023, (Link)
- CNN, "'What's a Uyghur?': Miami mayor and 2024 GOP hopeful Suarez fumbles question on China," by Kit Maher and Shawna Mizelle, June 27, 2023, (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 25, 2023: Jonathan Karl interview with Former Gov. Chris Christie; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 25, 2023: Former GOP Congressman Will Hurd; (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" June 25, 2023, Dana Bash Interview With Gov. Doug Burgum (R-ND); (Link)
- The Christian Post, "Presidential candidate, Miami Mayor Francis Suarez: 'My parents met at a pro-life rally'," by Ryan Foley, June 25, 2023, (Link)
- Washington Examiner, "RFK Jr. cites Prozac, video games for rise in mass shootings, not guns," by Paul Bedard, June 24, 2023, (Link)
- ABC Politics, "What RFK Jr., now a presidential candidate, has said about Ukraine, vaccines, the economy and more," by Nicholas Kerr, June 21, 2023, (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" June 18, 2023, Jake Tapper Interview With Fmr. Gov. Chris Christie (D-NJ); (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 18, 2023: Jon Karl interview of Former Gov. Asa Hutchinson; (Link)
- CBS Transcript June 18, 2023, Robert Costa interview with Chris Christie on "Face the Nation"; (Link)
- Meet the Press June 18, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with Mike Pence; (Link)
- NBC News, "Presidential hopeful Francis Suarez opposes 'Don't Say Gay' expansion backed by DeSantis," by Zoe Richards, June 16, 2023, (Link)
- PBS NewsHour, "Miami Mayor Francis Suarez discusses joining the crowded GOP presidential race," by Amna Nawaz & Ian Couzens, Jun 16, 2023, (Link)
- Associated Press, "Suarez backs 15-week federal abortion ban, says he has 'credibility' on immigration conversation," by Adriana Gomez Licon, June 15, 2023, (Link)
- The Guardian, "Beware: we ignore Robert F Kennedy Jr's candidacy at our peril," by Naomi Klein, 14 Jun 2023, (Link)
- CoinDesk, "Bitcoin Friendly Miami Mayor Francis Suarez Jumps Into Presidential Race," by James Rubin, Jun 14, 2023, (Link)
- CBS Transcript June 11, 2023, John Dickerson interview with North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum on "Face the Nation"; (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" June 11, 2023, Dana Bash Interview With Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy; (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" June 11, 2023, Dana Bash Interview With Fmr. Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-AR); (Link)
- Jacobin magazine, "Populist? RFK Jr Doesn't Even Support Medicare for All," by Ben Burgis, Jun 9, 2023, (Link)
- Des Moines Register, "GOP candidate Larry Elder: 'Soft-on-crime' Iowa county attorneys need to be removed," by Addison Lathers, June 6, 2023, (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 4, 2023: Martha Raddatz interview of Vivek Ramaswamy; (Link)
- Axios, "Inside Congress' little-known, makeshift Jewish caucus," by Andrew Solender, May 24, 2023, (Link)
- Denver Post, "Former RI Senate candidate runs for Colo. Governor," May 21, 2013, (Link)
- Newsweek, "How Marianne Williamson, RFK Jr. Compare to Biden on 6 Key Issues," by Andrew Stanton, 5/15/23, (Link)
- Meet the Press May 14, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with Former Rep. Will Hurd; (Link)
- CBS Transcript May 14, 2023, Margaret Brennan interview with Nikki Haley on "Face the Nation"; (Link)
- Substack, "Why Can't America Go Nuclear?," by Steve Laffey, May 11, 2023, (Link)
- Meet the Press May 7, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with former Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-Ark.); (Link)
- Fox News Sunday April 30, 2023: Shannon Bream interview of former House Leader Newt Gingrich on Hunter Biden; (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" April 30, 2023, Dana Bash Interview With Fmr. Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-AR); (Link)
- Meet the Press April 30, 2023: Chuck Todd interview with Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy; (Link)
- CBS Transcript April 23, 2023, Robert Costa interview with Former Vice President Mike Pence on "Face the Nation"; (Link)
- Fox News Sunday April 23, 2023: Shannon Bream interview with Asa Hutchinson ; (Link)
- ABC News, "GOP presidential hopefuls struggle to address abortion," by Libby Cathey, April 21, 2023, (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript April 2, 2023: Jonathan Karl interview of Former Gov. Asa Hutchinson; (Link)
- The Anchor, "Steve Laffey, 2024 presidential candidate, visits Rhode Island," by Raymond Baccari, March 20, 2023, (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript March 19, 2023: Jonathan Karl interview of Former Vice President Mike Pence; (Link)
- WMUR, "2024 presidential candidate Corey Stapleton visits New Hampshire," Mar 17, 2023, by Adam Sexton, (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" March 12, 2023, Kaitlan Collins Interview With Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy; (Link)
- CNN "State of the Union" March 5, 2023, Dana Bash Interview With Fmr. Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-AR); (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript March 5, 2023: Jon Karl interview of Marianne Williamson; (Link)
- FOX News, "Miami mayor hits back at climate ideologues who spelled doom for city: 'I'm fired up' about this," by Taylor Penley, February 12, 2023, (Link)
- The Forward, "Trump's first GOP challenger can't say enough about his Jewish friends--and Israel," by Jacob Kornbluh, February 8, 2023, (Link)
- Daily Mail (UK), "Is Steve Laffey the breakout Republican candidate of 2024?," by Emily Goodin, 7 February 2023, (Link)
- Yahoo Finance, "U.S. Presidential Candidate Corey Stapleton to Visit Ukraine," January 20, 2023, (Link)
- BroadbandBreakfast, "Cryptocurrency Has Promise But 'Screams for Regulation,' Says Miami Mayor Francis Suarez," by Em McPhie, January 19, 2023, (Link)
- Helena Independent Record, "Former MT Secretary of State announces presidential bid," Nov. 18, 2022, (Link)
- FOX Business, "Miami lowers taxes to historic level: 'The only right thing to do'," July 29, 2022, (Link)
- Twitter posting on 2024 Presidential race, @WillHurd, Jul 25, 2022, (Link)
- Detroit Free Press on 2022_MI_Gov: "Perry Johnson files lawsuit in federal court to get on GOP primary ballot for governor," by Arpan Lobo, 6/6/22, (Link)
- Minnesota Peace Project, "Positions on MPP Peace Agenda," April 27, 2022, (Link)¬†
- Fox News Sunday Feb. 26, 2022: Shannon Bream interview with Senator Tim Scott; (Link)
- Detroit Free Press on 2022_MI_Gov: "Perry Johnson files lawsuit in federal court to get on GOP primary ballot for governor," by Arpan Lobo, 6/6/22, (Link)
- El American, "Francis Suarez Expresses Support for School Choice," 01.28.22, (Link)
- Twitter posting, @TheLeadCNN, 1/21/22, (Link)
- CNN, "Larry Elder baselessly raises possibility of election 'shenanigans' in California recall," by Dan Merica, September 8, 2021, (Link)
- X/Twitter, @RepDeanPhillips, Apr 16, 2021, (Link)
- SBG San Antonio News 4, "U.S. Representative Will Hurd talks defunding police," June 11th 2020, (Link)
- Montana Public Radio (MTPR News), "Corey Stapleton 2020 Election Questionnaire," May 21, 2020, (Link)
- Montana Free Press, "U.S. House candidate Corey Stapleton," by Alex McKenzie, 09.24.2019, (Link)
- The Yiddish Forward, "'Dear Abby's Jewish Grandson Wins Primary In Minnesota Swing District," by Ben Fractenberg, August 15, 2018, (Link)
- Click for more citations from the 2024 race (before and after 2023)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Asa Hutchinson: Americans want to restrict abortion with right exceptions.
Asa Hutchinson: Have to do better in child birth care and adoption services.
Chris Christie: No federal ban on abortion without national consensus.
Francis Suarez: Supports a 15-week federal abortion ban, not yet for 6-week.
Mike Pence: I'd like to see Mifepristone taken off the market.
Nikki Haley: Some states are pro-life, some err on side of abortion.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Supports abortion rights, but every abortion is a tragedy.
Vivek Ramaswamy: I believe that abortion is a form of murder.
Stephen Laffey: Happy Roe overturned; leave it to the states to decide.
Francis Suarez: Exceptions for rape, incest and life-threatening emergencies.
Doug Burgum: I support the Dobbs decision but wouldn't sign a federal ban.
Mike Pence: Err on the side of life to give unborn child every chance.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Keep government away from women's childbearing choices.
Budget & Economy|
Vivek Ramaswamy: Unleash the animal inside the heart of the American economy.
Asa Hutchinson: I plan to reduce federal civilian employment by 10%.
Francis Suarez: Vowed to make Miami bitcoin hub; as mayor, paid in bitcoin.
Marianne Williamson: We are living at the effect of an unjust economic system.
Nikki Haley: Our children will never forgive us for $31 trillion in debt.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Shift budget from military to domestic spending.
Francis Suarez: Reduce spending and taxes.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Unleash the Beast and grow our way out of problems.
Chris Christie: Biden responsible for inflation: Jimmy Carter of the 2020s.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: American economy is in trouble†for most people.
Francis Suarez: The diversity of our city is a strength for us.
Cornel West: Focusing on diversity is a very narrow criteria to use.
Perry Johnson: Leftists drives wedges among us in dealing with race.
Will Hurd: Use diversity to solve the major problems that we're facing.
Asa Hutchinson: Move beyond race-based admissions; fight identity politics.
Marianne Williamson: Declare transgender murder/suicide a national emergency.
Asa Hutchinson: Not government's role to punish business for their views .
Asa Hutchinson: Punishing business for exercising speech is heavy-handed.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Rebuild industrial infrastructure and undo off-shoring.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Our kids can't buy homes because of corporate accumulation.
Asa Hutchinson: Promise to pardon Trump undermines the rule of law.
Asa Hutchinson: Don't erode confidence in our entire criminal justice system.
Chris Christie: We need change at DOJ: remove anyone who shows partisanship.
Larry Elder: Proposes removing soft-on-crime, George Soros-backed DAs.
Mike Pence: Radical left responsible for NYC prosecution of Trump.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Release Sirhan Sirhan; doesn't believe he shot RFK.
Stephen Laffey: Reform the FBI.
Will Hurd: Teach de-escalation; ensure no one dies in police custody.
Asa Hutchinson: Shouldn't promise pardons during presidential campaign.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Trump should not be convicted of a process crime.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: JFK assassination and coverup with CIA involvement.
Francis Suarez: Federal cannabis policy needs to catch up with the states.
Stephen Laffey: Legalization of marijuana is hurting the business climate.
Donald Trump: Cannabis is popular, but it does damage.
Francis Suarez: Companies in China spawn fentanyl precursors for cartels.
Asa Hutchinson: Use economic pressure on Mexico to fight against fentanyl.
Francis Suarez: Expanding "Don't Say Gay" to all grades is excessive.
Francis Suarez: Miami has always led on school choice.
Mike Pence: There was racial inequity in education system; no longer.
Tim Scott: Started the School Choice Caucus & they work.
Will Hurd: We've done terribly preparing students of color for college.
Clarence Thomas: Race is not to blame: end college affirmative action.
Mike Pence: Student loan forgiveness not about helping the middle class.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Invest in public schools but with vouchers & parental choice.
Will Hurd: Colleges can still consider race without affirmative action.
Will Hurd: First Republican to say that slavery is not a jobs program.
Energy & Oil|
Corey Stapleton: Free-market capitalism is key to addressing global warming.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Climate crisis used to push totalitarian controls on society.
Stephen Laffey: Nuclear power plant needs less land than wind or solar.
Francis Suarez: Climate change is a serious threat; reduce emissions .
Nikki Haley: There can be solar and wind, but you can't do it tomorrow.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Stop subsidizing carbon--and nuclear plants cost too much.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: End toxic polarization: only environmentalist on Fox News.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Good environmental policy identical to good economic policy.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Riverkeepers: Sue polluters to clean up Hudson River.
Families & Children|
Asa Hutchinson: Don't want government interfering with parental decisions.
Chris Christie: Government shouldn't interfere with parents on gender care.
Corey Stapleton: Sustained peace gained by strength of US, European allies.
Doug Burgum: Support Ukraine: an opportunity for US and NATO.
Francis Suarez: Asks "What's a Uyghur?" during interview .
Mike Pence: Russia military conduct isn't just warfare; it's evil.
Nikki Haley: Time to start actually being aggressive with China.
Perry Johnson: Ridiculous to send $113B to Ukraine when we're going broke.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Opposing Russia in Ukraine is not a top priority for us.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Russia/China alliance is the top threat America faces.
Will Hurd: Push the Russians out of Crimea & out of the Donbass.
Will Hurd: China is trying to surpass us as a global superpower.
Stephen Laffey: Hawkish on Israel, liberal Jewish critics are self-loathing.
Corey Stapleton: Restore America's image and power abroad.
Chris Christie: Aid to Ukraine degrades Russian army; sends message to China.
Doug Burgum: I think Putin is running a large criminal organization.
Mike Pence: This is all about America being the leader of the free world.
Mike Pence: Arming Ukraine sends a deafening message to communist China.
Nikki Haley: We need to deal with China as the threat that they are.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Stop weaponizing the US dollar to avoid world currency.
Corey Stapleton: I generally believe in free trade (not protectionism).
Francis Suarez: Defends embargo on Cuba; doesn't think it's cruel.
Francis Suarez: China is a threat; get US companies out.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Compete with China and we win without war.
Asa Hutchinson: Supreme Court needs to be transparent on reporting rules.
Doug Burgum: Innovation is what drives country forward, not regulation.
Francis Suarez: Supports cryptocurrency but it needs to be regulated.
Francis Suarez: No need for a police force to investigate election fraud.
Larry Elder: Set up voter integrity website in 2021 recall election .
Vivek Ramaswamy: Shut down the FBI and replace it with something new.
Stephen Laffey: Close primaries to registered party members only.
Stephen Laffey: Term limits for House and Senate.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Raise voting age to 25 for the majority of U.S. voters.
Mike Pence: Going to clean house among senior leadership at DOJ.
Nikki Haley: Clean up weaponized, politicized Department of Justice.
Francis Suarez: Cities with the strictest gun laws have the most homicides.
Mike Pence: Recent gun tragedies reflect fear of crime wave.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Mass shootings linked to antidepressants & video games .
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Common sense gun control, and assault weapons ban.
Perry Johnson: We need competition across state lines for all insurance .
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Would put Dr. Fauci on trial over COVID vaccines.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Gender dysphoria is suffering; we're creating more of it.
Francis Suarez: Focus on healthy lifestyle through physical fitness.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Gut the FDA and its corrupt regulations.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Public option not right thing, unless part of single-payer.
Perry Johnson: Defense was never more important than it is today.
Vivek Ramaswamy: We are way behind; need modern Monroe Doctrine.
Asa Hutchinson: Pass border security first, then immigration reform.
Francis Suarez: Connect immigration to employment, declining birth rate.
Nikki Haley: Instead of catch and release, let's go to catch and deport.
Will Hurd: There are common sense solutions, but pols have to sell them.
Stephen Laffey: Increase infrastructure at the border; pass legislation.
Francis Suarez: Aggressive policies adversely impact small businesses .
Vivek Ramaswamy: Military force to secure the border; then universally deport.
Chris Christie: Trump didn't do anything to make immigration laws stronger.
Joe Biden: Let Title 42 expire: more humanitarian asylum policy.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: War on Drugs creates desperate conditions south of border.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: I believe in labor unions & a robust middle class.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Yes living wage; no universal basic income.
Principles & Values|
Vivek Ramaswamy: Defining political debate is pro-American vs. anti-American.
Doug Burgum: The best of America is when neighbors help neighbors.
Asa Hutchinson: Put the office of presidency and our country above yourself.
Chris Christie: Unacceptable to pressure officials to alter election results.
Chris Christie: Will take pledge to support nominee as seriously as Trump.
Chris Christie: America didn't become great by pulling up the drawbridge.
Corey Stapleton: Formed a band called Corey Stapleton and The Pretty Pirates.
Doug Burgum: The best of America is when neighbors help neighbors.
Francis Suarez: Parents came here for freedom; experienced American Dream.
Francis Suarez: Most important part of my day is time I spend with Jesus.
Francis Suarez: I believe America is still a shining city on a hill.
Marianne Williamson: I want to disrupt the system, not perpetuate it.
Mike Pence: I'm a Bible-believing Christian.
Mike Pence: America is the leader of the free world.
Mike Pence: United States is the gold standard of justice in the world.
Tim Scott: Progressive left makes America into a grievance culture.
Tim Scott: A world without America is a very dark place.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Blames Biden for special counsel & indictment of Trump.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Deliver national unity with our shared American identity.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Capitalism has to stay apolitical to bring us together.
Vivek Ramaswamy: To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is.
Will Hurd: Christian Nationalism advocates for American theocracy.
Chris Christie: Politicians pit groups against each other to create conflict.
Doug Burgum: The president is supposed to bring people together.
Mike Pence: The freedom of religion is our first freedom.
Vivek Ramaswamy: For my part, I stand for the America first agenda.
Will Hurd: Character matters; service matters; US has a world role.
Mike Pence: We all face the judgment of history, as will Trump.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: America without censorship: I'm not a cancel-culture guy.
Dean Phillips: Part of informal Jewish caucus when need arises.
Dean Phillips: His grandmother was advice columnist Dear Abby.
Dean Phillips: Proposed "America First Caucus" about hate, ignorance.
Mike Pence: Let younger Americans invest a portion of their payroll tax.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Protect Social Security; needs more study.
Stephen Laffey: Freeze current system for people in it; reform for future.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Let seniors work; invest Trust Fund in diversified portfolio.
Francis Suarez: Reduced taxes to lowest level ever and we grew by 12%.
Francis Suarez: Lower taxes to the lowest level in recorded history.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Exempt conversion of bitcoin from capital gains taxes .
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Stimulate economy without raising taxes.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: CHIPS Act: Don't subsidize rich nor cut off trade with China.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Podcasts allow deplatformed candidates to reach voters.
War & Peace|
Francis Suarez: US should consider potential military action in Cuba.
Francis Suarez: Military aid to Ukraine, with NATO equal burden.
Chris Christie: If Russia wins they'd soon cross border requiring US troops.
Will Hurd: Both Trump and Biden to blame for Afghanistan withdrawal.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Supports Minsk accord: Independent Donbas & annexed Crimea.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Russia's invasion of Ukraine is brutal; but not "unprovoked".
Dean Phillips: Defend Ukraine's sovereignty & seize Russian assets.
Dean Phillips: Condemn the depravity of Hamas, and Iran if they're involved.
Welfare & Poverty|
Francis Suarez: Faith-based groups helped solved Miami homelessness.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Guaranteed 3% mortgage for first-time homebuyers.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Asa Hutchinson Arkansas Republican presidential contender; AR Governor
- Chris Christie New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Clarence Thomas Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Corey Stapleton Montana Republican Presidential Challenger
- Cornel West Green Party/People's Party candidate
- Dean Phillips Minnesota Democratic presidential Challenger
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- Doug Burgum North Dakota 2024 Presidential contender; Republican Governor
- Francis Suarez Florida Republican presidential challenger (withdrew Oct.2023)
- Joe Biden Democratic President; former V.P.; former Senator
- Larry Elder California Republican presidential contender (withdrew Oct.2023)
- Marianne Williamson Democratic candidate for President
- Mike Pence Indiana Former Republican Vice President (withdrew Oct.2023)
- Nikki Haley South Carolina Republican presidential contender; UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Perry Johnson Illinois Republican presidential challenger
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. District of Columbia Independent presidential Challenger
- Stephen Laffey Rhode Island Republican presidential challenger
- Tim Scott South Carolina Republican presidential challenger; SC Senator
- Vivek Ramaswamy District of Columbia Republican Challenger
- Will Hurd Texas Republican presidential challenger (withdrew Oct.2023)
The above quotations are from Interviews and analysis of presidential primary hopefuls during 2023.