Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
NBC News 2023 Republican primary debate in Miami, and commentary
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Third GOP presidential primary debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Christie (8) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Nikki Haley (7) South Carolina Republican presidential contender; UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Ron DeSantis (7) Florida Republican presidential contender; FL governor
- Tim Scott (7) South Carolina Republican presidential challenger; SC Senator
- Vivek Ramaswamy (5) District of Columbia Republican Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Citations for the third Republican presidential primary debate in Miami on Nov. 8, 2023, including...
- RNC Third Republican Presidential Primary Debate Transcript, hosted by NBC News, live from the Adrienne Arsht Center in Miami, Florida," Nov 9, 2023, (Link)
- FactCheck: Social Security Administration, "Cost-Of-Living Adjustment (COLA)", downloaded 11/11/2023, (Link)
- FactCheck: UsInflationCalculator.com: "Current US Inflation Rates: 2000-2023", downloaded 11/11/2023, (Link)
The Republican National Committee established these qualifications for the 3rd debate:
- Participants must have 4% of the vote in multiple polls (an increase from 3% in the 2nd debate)
- Participants must have 70,000 unique donors (an increase from 50,000 donors in the 2nd debate)
- Participants must sign a pledge to support the party's eventual 2024 nominee.
- Debate hosted by NBC News at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County (Florida) on Wednesday, Nov. 8, at 8 p.m. EST
- Debate moderators NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt; Meet the Press host Kristen Welker; and Hugh Hewitt, host of The Hugh Hewitt Show on Salem Radio Network.
- Senator Tim Scott participated in this debate but withdrew from the presidential race shortly afterwards.
- Former Vice President Mike Pence withdrew from the presidential race shortly before this debate.
- Former President Donald Trump counter-programmed against this debate, as in the first two debates.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Nikki Haley: Trump responsible for $8 trillion of US debt.
Ron DeSantis: We're going to shoot drug smugglers stone cold dead.
Chris Christie: Treat drug demand like a disease and offer treatment.
Nikki Haley: We'll send special operations in to take out drug cartels.
Vivek Ramaswamy: To stop fentanyl, build wall at northern border as well.
Energy & Oil|
Ron DeSantis: Rip up the Green New Deal and throw it in the trash can.
Tim Scott: Not just energy independent; we should be energy dominant.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Increase supply of everything.
Families & Children|
Chris Christie: Pro-life is not just in the womb, it's for the whole life.
Chris Christie: It's the price we pay for being leaders of the free world.
Chris Christie: Work with reasonable Arab nations to isolate Iran.
Chris Christie: Make sure that America's role in the world stays number one.
Nikki Haley: It is not that Israel needs America; America needs Israel.
Ron DeSantis: My China policy is very simple: we win; they lose.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Ukraine is no paragon of democracy; it's not good-vs-evil.
Nikki Haley: Strengthen our military; send message to China.
Ron DeSantis: We have to be strong and defend the people who defend us.
Ron DeSantis: Increase naval fleet to 600 ships over next 20 years.
Tim Scott: Invest heavily so military can fight on three continents.
Vivek Ramaswamy: We need to increase our naval capacity by at least 20%.
Ron DeSantis: Terrorists have come in through our southern border.
Principles & Values|
Nikki Haley: It's important to know how to defeat terrorism and socialism.
Tim Scott: Restoring our Christian values will help this nation.
Tim Scott: I want to win the war for our Christian conservative values.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Republicans have become a party of losers.
Chris Christie: Rich people should not be collecting Social Security.
Nikki Haley: Limit benefits on the wealthy; increases based on inflation.
Nikki Haley: First thing I'll do is eliminate federal gas and diesel tax.
Tim Scott: Laffer Curve still works; lower taxes means higher revenue.
Chris Christie: In my first week as president we would ban TikTok.
War & Peace|
Chris Christie: U.S. nuclear submarines are deterrent to Chinese aggression.
Ron DeSantis: We will stand with Israel in word and in deed.
Tim Scott: Don't negotiate with evil like Hamas & Iran; destroy it.
Tim Scott: Our vital interest in Ukraine is degrading Russian military.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Christie New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Nikki Haley South Carolina Republican presidential contender; UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Ron DeSantis Florida Republican presidential contender; FL governor
- Tim Scott South Carolina Republican presidential challenger; SC Senator
- Vivek Ramaswamy District of Columbia Republican Challenger
The above quotations are from NBC News 2023 Republican primary debate in Miami, and commentary.