Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
ABC This Week interviews for 2023 races
(Martha Raddatz interviewing candidates for 2021-2023 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from ABC This Week interviews for 2023 races (number of quotes indicated):
- Asa Hutchinson (2) Arkansas Republican presidential contender; AR Governor
- Chris Christie (3) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marianne Williamson (2) Democratic candidate for President
- Mike Pence (3) Indiana Former Republican Vice President
- Vivek Ramaswamy (3) District of Columbia Republican Challenger
- Will Hurd (2) Texas Republican presidential challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
We excerpt the Sunday pundit shows as candidates prepare for the 2023 gubernatorial races.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: 9 AM - 10 AM EST: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": 9 AM - 1 PM EST: (Dana Bash & Kaitlan Collins; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: 9 AM EST; rebroadcast 2 PM: (Shannon Bream; conservative)
- NBC Meet the Press: 9 AM EST; rebroadcast 4 AM Monday: (Kristen Welker; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM EST(Margaret Brennan and Robert Costa; moderate)
- 2023 Presidential Primary: George Stephanopoulos Interview With Former Gov. Chris Christie; July 16, 2023; (Link)
- 2023 Presidential Primary: Jonathan Karl Interview With Former Vice President Mike Pence; July 2, 2023; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript 7-2-23: Jon Karl interview with Rep. Ro Khanna; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 25, 2023: Jonathan Karl interview with Former Gov. Chris Christie; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 25, 2023: Former GOP Congressman Will Hurd; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 18, 2023: Jon Karl interview of Former Gov. Asa Hutchinson; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript June 4, 2023: Martha Raddatz interview of Vivek Ramaswamy; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript April 2, 2023: Jonathan Karl interview of Former Gov. Asa Hutchinson; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript March 19, 2023: Jonathan Karl interview of Former Vice President Mike Pence; (Link)
- ABC This Week Transcript March 5, 2023: Jon Karl interview of Marianne Williamson; (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Marianne Williamson: We are living at the effect of an unjust economic system.
Asa Hutchinson: Don't erode confidence in our entire criminal justice system.
Mike Pence: Radical left responsible for NYC prosecution of Trump.
Mike Pence: Russia military conduct isn't just warfare; it's evil.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Opposing Russia in Ukraine is not a top priority for us.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Russia/China alliance is the top threat America faces.
Will Hurd: Push the Russians out of Crimea & out of the Donbass.
Will Hurd: China is trying to surpass us as a global superpower.
Chris Christie: Aid to Ukraine degrades Russian army; sends message to China.
Principles & Values|
Asa Hutchinson: Put the office of presidency and our country above yourself.
Chris Christie: America didn't become great by pulling up the drawbridge.
Marianne Williamson: I want to disrupt the system, not perpetuate it.
Mike Pence: We all face the judgment of history, as will Trump.
Vivek Ramaswamy: To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is.
War & Peace|
Chris Christie: If Russia wins they'd soon cross border requiring US troops.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Asa Hutchinson Arkansas Republican presidential contender; AR Governor
- Chris Christie New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Marianne Williamson Democratic candidate for President
- Mike Pence Indiana Former Republican Vice President
- Vivek Ramaswamy District of Columbia Republican Challenger
- Will Hurd Texas Republican presidential challenger
The above quotations are from ABC This Week interviews for 2023 races
(Martha Raddatz interviewing candidates for 2021-2023 races).