Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Wisconsin Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 WI Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alex Lasry (26) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
- Mandela Barnes (14) Democratic Senate candidate Wisconsin
- Ron Johnson (1) Republican Sr Senator Wisconsin
- Sarah Godlewski (11) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
- Tammy Baldwin (8) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
- Tom Nelson (7) Democratic Challenger Wisconsin
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Wisconsin Senate debates and race coverage:
- FOX6 Milwaukee, "Roe v. Wade overturned; Wisconsin officials react to decision," by Ashley Sears, June 24, 2022
- Wisconsin Examiner, "Legislators debut plans for a climate and jobs package," by Henry Redman, June 17, 2022
- Jewish Insider, "Wisconsin treasurer forges middle path in Senate bid," by Matthew Kassel, January 3, 2022
WAOW-TV ABC-9, "Politicians react on social media to verdict in Kyle Rittenhouse trial," by Ben Zitouni, Nov 19, 2021
- Wisconsin Examiner, "Republicans vote against Medicaid for transgender patient care," by Melanie Conklin, October 25, 2021
- The Capital Times, "Cap Times editorial," Sep 22, 2021
- NBC News, "Why Mandela Barnes thinks his progressive ideas can win in purple Wisconsin," by Adam Edelman, Sept. 19, 2021
- The Capital Times, "We need to put Wisconsin's working families first, "by Mandela Barnes, Aug 26, 2021
- Green Bay Press-Gazette, "Green Bay LGBTQ+ community calls for visibility, acceptance," by Jeff Bollier, August 24, 2021
- The Cap Times, "As senator, I'll tax wealth, including my own," by Sarah Godlewski, Jul 20, 2021
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes enters crowded 2022 Democratic race for U.S. Senate," by Bill Glauber, July 20, 2021
- Associated Press, "Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes joins US Senate race," by Scott Bauer, July 20, 2021
- The Capital Times, "Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes launches 2022 Senate campaign, vowing to 'change the game'," by Jessie Opoien, Jul 20, 2021
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- Roll Call, "Health care divisions persist in key Democratic Senate primary," by Bridget Bowman, June 29, 2021
- Door County Pulse, "U.S. Senate Candidate Alex Lasry Visits Door County," by Debra Fitzgerald, June 14, 2021
- Washington Post, "Wall Street roots. NBA owner's son. Wisconsin's next Democratic senator?," by Candace Buckner, May 10, 2021
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson embraces underdog role in his 2022 run for U.S. Senate," by Bill Glauber, 4/30/21
- The Madison Capital Times, "Tom Nelson's urgent argument for a politics of social solidarity," by John Nichols, Apr 27, 2021
- Wisconsin State Journal (Madison.com), "Sarah Godlewski says Ron Johnson represents 'McCarthyism 2.0'," by John Nichols, 4/20/21
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "State Treasurer Sarah Godlewski hits the campaign trail in Wisconsin's U.S. Senate race," by Bill Glauber, April 19, 2021
- CNN.com, "Wisconsin Treasurer jumps into crowded Democratic Senate primary as Ron Johnson freezes GOP field," by Alex Rogers and Manu Raju, April 14, 2021
- Jewish Insider, "Alex Lasry's full-court press for the U. S. Senate," by Matthew Kassel, March 1, 2021
- Marijuana Moment, "Wisconsin GOP Lawmakers Sour On Governor's Marijuana Legalization Plan But Open To Narrower Reforms," by Kyle Jaeger, February 11, 2021
- Meet the Press interview of Sen. Ron Johnson, January 3, 2021
- Wisconsin State Journal, "Time to listen and lead," by Sarah Godlewski, Nov 16, 2020
- The Capital Times, "Why Tom Nelson is launching a 2022 U.S. Senate bid before the 2020 campaign is finished," by John Nichols, Oct 26, 2020
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Lt. Gov. candidate Mandela Barnes compares Trump immigration policies to a 'race to create a superior race'," by Molly Beck, Sept. 21, 2018
- Think Progress, "Democrats unveil tax plan that, unlike GOP's, would actually help working families," by Rebekah Entralgo, 10/6/2017
- The Capital Times, "Battle erupts between Wisconsin Reps. Jesse Kremer, Mandela Barnes in wake of Orlando shooting," by Jessie Opoien, Jun 15, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Alex Lasry: Ensure access to abortion and reproductive care.
Budget & Economy|
Mandela Barnes: Need big, bold investment to create new good-paying jobs.
Sarah Godlewski: We can help people get back to work, small businesses.
Tom Nelson: US should develop a national industrial strategy.
Alex Lasry: Use American materials for federal infrastructure projects.
Alex Lasry: Infrastructure includes upgrading public transportation.
Mandela Barnes: Joined celebration of LGBTQ+ community's contributions.
Tom Nelson: Racism short-circuited establishing US labor-based party.
Alex Lasry: Systemic racism is ingrained in our society.
Alex Lasry: I am a strong supporter of the Equality Act.
Mandela Barnes: Critical of racial disparities in police actions.
Sarah Godlewski: Address systematic racism in our criminal justice system.
Alex Lasry: Ban chokeholds, no-knock warrants, end qualified immunity.
Tammy Baldwin: Criminal justice system needs review to ensure fairness.
Mandela Barnes: Pun-filled tweets support governor's legalization plan.
Alex Lasry: We need more investments in education, more in trade schools.
Tammy Baldwin: Urges funding to help at-risk students' access to education.
Energy & Oil|
Alex Lasry: I support transitioning to 100% clean electricity by 2035.
Alex Lasry: I strongly support keeping public lands in public hands.
Alex Lasry: I support repealing Trump rollbacks of emission standards.
Families & Children|
Sarah Godlewski: Make the child tax credit permanent.
Tammy Baldwin: Treatment foster care helps kids stay out of institutions.
Sarah Godlewski: Did microfinance work in rural India.
Sarah Godlewski: Supports continued U.S. security assistance for Israel.
Alex Lasry: US/Israel alliance special, for two-state solution.
Mandela Barnes: Bring manufacturing supply chains home for jobs here.
Mandela Barnes: Fighting to protect democracy and right to vote.
Tom Nelson: He calls out the toxic influence of money in politics.
Ron Johnson: Voter fraud not quackery; need hearings and investigations.
Tom Nelson: We need the Right-to-Vote Constitutional Amendment.
Alex Lasry: Active advocate for making it easier for people to vote.
Alex Lasry: Overturn Citizens United, no corporate PAC money.
Alex Lasry: We must eliminate the filibuster.
Mandela Barnes: Has advocated for tighter gun control laws.
Sarah Godlewski: Clear we've got a gun violence problem in this country.
Mandela Barnes: Strengthen state health care; I know because I was on it.
Sarah Godlewski: Expand Medicaid and Medicare; supports a public option.
Tom Nelson: Backs Medicare for All.
Alex Lasry: Healthcare a human right, add public option to ACA.
Tammy Baldwin: Good health care for all, especially the most vulnerable.
Sarah Godlewski: Worked with Pentagon on variety of projects.
Tammy Baldwin: Full federal benefits to National Guard COVID fighters.
Tammy Baldwin: Supports immigrants in US and immigration reform.
Mandela Barnes: Trump immigration policies make people feel less than human.
Tom Nelson: Strengthen unions, recognize importance of labor movement.
Sarah Godlewski: Raise the minimum wage, end the filibuster.
Alex Lasry: 25% of service contracts to minority/disadvantaged business.
Alex Lasry: Pass the PRO Act to protect unions, empower workers.
Alex Lasry: We pay all our employees family-sustaining wages.
Principles & Values|
Mandela Barnes: Hit for overdue property taxes & unpaid parking tickets.
Mandela Barnes: We have to lead with our values and vision: change the game.
Alex Lasry: Father's American success story couldn't happen elsewhere.
Alex Lasry: Being on the right side of history isn't bad for business.
Alex Lasry: Visiting Israel is emotional; I really feel my Judaism there.
Sarah Godlewski: There's so much more that connects us rather than divides us.
Tom Nelson: If local official took on COVID, we can take on anything.
Alex Lasry: Senior VP of Milwaukee Bucks; raised team's activism.
Mandela Barnes: Questions conservative Christian ideology link to hate.
Alex Lasry: Expand Medicare to cover vision, hearing, and dental.
Mandela Barnes: Make corporations and wealthy people pay their fair share.
Mandela Barnes: We must make the Child Tax Credit permanent.
Sarah Godlewski: Supports an Elizabeth Warren-style wealth tax.
Alex Lasry: Corporate tax breaks for companies doing the right thing.
Alex Lasry: Wealthy must pay fair share, but also focus on raising wages.
Tammy Baldwin: Trump tax bill only helps rich who don't need the money.
Tammy Baldwin: Tax plan that rewards hard work.
Alex Lasry: Ensure access to high speed affordable internet for all.
The above quotations are from 2022 Wisconsin Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Johnson up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Ron Johnson(R)
vs.Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes(D)
vs.County Exec. Tom Nelson(D)
vs.Sports Exec. Alex Lasry(D)
vs.State senator Chris Larson(D,withdrew)
vs.Treasurer Sarah Godlewski(D)
Previous Senate debates:
2018 Wisconsin Senate debates:
2016 Wisconsin Senate debates, Johnson vs.Feingold vs.Anderson(L)
2012 Wisconsin Senate debates,
Neumann vs. Thompson vs. Schiess
2010 Wisconsin Senate debates, Feingold vs. Johnson
2004 Wisconsin Senate debates, Feingold vs. Michels