Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Illinois Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 IL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Kinzinger (2) Republican U.S. Rep Illinois-16
- Kathy Salvi (9) Republican Challenger Illinois
- Peggy Hubbard (22) Republican Challenger Illinois
- Tammy Duckworth (3) Democratic Senate candidate Illinois
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Illinois Senate debates and race coverage:
- Crain's Chicago Business, "Duckworth, Salvi face off at U.S. Senate candidate forum," by Jake Griffin, October 03, 2022, (Link)
- Daily Herald, "Salvi claims victory in crowded GOP primary race to face Tammy Duckworth," by Jake Griffin, 6/29/2022
- Chicago Tribune, "Incumbent showdowns: Sean Casten declares victory in suburban 6th District primary, while Mary Miller wins Trump-influenced contest downstate," by John Keilman, Robert McCoppin and Sarah Freishtat, Jun 28, 2022
- Chicago Sun Times, "Kathy Salvi wins GOP race for U.S. Senate nomination to take on Tammy Duckworth," by Jon Seidel and Allison Novelo, Jun 28, 2022
- Metro East Sun, "Hubbard announces Senate run: 'I will not break, I will not bend'," by Glenn Minnis, Jul 26, 2021
- Chicago Tribune: "Rep. Adam Kinzinger has battled Trump and his fellow Republicans. In deep blue Illinois, could that be a strategy for higher office?," by Rick Pearson, Dec 29, 2020
- Chicago Tribune: "Duckworth to interview soon for Joe Biden's VP Pick," by Alice Yin & Bill Ruthhart, 5/15/2020
- RiverBender.com, "Senator Duckworth to Spotlight Environmental Justice with State of the Union Guest," 2/3/2020
- Chicago Sun-Times, "Peggy Hubbard, U.S. Senate Republican candidate profile," Jan 29, 2020
- American Thinker, "Peggy Hubbard exposes hypocrisy of #blacklivesmatter," by Daniel John Sobieski, August 27, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kathy Salvi: Takes traditional party positions, opposes abortion.
Peggy Hubbard: As unwed mother refused abortion after hearing heartbeat.
Budget & Economy|
Kathy Salvi: Grow the economy through a small, limited government.
Peggy Hubbard: White liberals are the most, gullible, asinine people.
Tammy Duckworth: Calls for Justice Dept investigation into gay hate crime.
Kathy Salvi: I will always stand with the police and the rule of law.
Peggy Hubbard: Don't demonize police officers serving in high-crime areas.
Kathy Salvi: Parents are the primary educators of their children.
Peggy Hubbard: College isn't for everyone, real problem is inflated costs.
Energy & Oil|
Kathy Salvi: Increase our production of all types of energy.
Peggy Hubbard: Don't believe lies of the left on human-made climate change.
Tammy Duckworth: Every American has a right to clean air, water, and land.
Kathy Salvi: Congress needs to reassert its authority on foreign policy.
Kathy Salvi: Does not claim Biden won through election fraud.
Peggy Hubbard: I will oppose the job-killing big government policies.
Peggy Hubbard: For term limits, keeping the filibuster, voter I.D.
Kathy Salvi: Favors some gun reform, but supports the NRA.
Peggy Hubbard: Guns save lives; I will defend our Second Amendment rights.
Peggy Hubbard: 2nd amendment about single mother defending herself & family.
Peggy Hubbard: Return market forces to patient-doctor relationship.
Peggy Hubbard: I am not in favor of socialized healthcare.
Peggy Hubbard: Ensure every veteran in America is cared for properly.
Adam Kinzinger: Republicanism means stronger defense and smaller government.
Kathy Salvi: Secure border from drugs, terrorists, dangerous criminals.
Peggy Hubbard: Securing our border first step to ensure national security.
Peggy Hubbard: Illegal immigration threatens our security, economic health.
Peggy Hubbard: Support ending chain migration and the visa lottery program.
Principles & Values|
Peggy Hubbard: Put the American people and our freedoms first.
Peggy Hubbard: Prioritize America's interests above the rest of the world.
Adam Kinzinger: Protesting Electoral College is "scam"; accept Trump losing.
Tammy Duckworth: I answer the call when asked to serve my country.
Peggy Hubbard: Our country was built the mantra "One nation under GOD".
Peggy Hubbard: Program has grown too large and will become insolvent.
Peggy Hubbard: Address cyber threats with large-scale network security.
Welfare & Poverty|
Peggy Hubbard: Refused to live on welfare, free of government dependency.
Peggy Hubbard: Help forgotten communities escape the government plantation.
The above quotations are from 2022 Illinois Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Duckworth up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Tammy Duckworth(D)
vs.Peggy Hubbard(R,lost primary)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 Illinois Senate debates:
2016 Illinois Senate debates, Kirk vs.Duckworth
2014 Illinois Senate debates, Durbin vs. Oberweis vs. Hansen
2010 Illinois Senate debates, Kirk vs. Giannoulis
2008 Illinois Senate debate, Sauerberg vs. Durbin
2004 Illinois Senate debate, Obama vs. Keyes
Obama authored: Audacity of Hope
Keyes authored: Our Character, Our Future