Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Alabama Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brandaun Dean (3) Democratic Senate Challenger Alabama
- Jessica Taylor (6) Republican Senate Challenger Alabama
- John Merrill (2) Republican Senate Challenger Alabama
- Katie Britt (4) Republican Challenger Alabama
- Lynda Blanchard (18) Alabama Republican Challenger
- Mike Durant (13) Republican Challenger Alabama
- Mo Brooks (12) Republican Challenger Alabama
- Terri Sewell (8) Democrat U.S. Rep Alabama-7
- Will Boyd (17) Democratic Senate Challenger Alabama
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Alabama Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Reckon Report, "Immigration in Alabama: An issue guide for voters," by Christopher Harress, May 16, 2022
- FOX News, "'Black Hawk Down' pilot Mike Durant aims for Alabama Senate seat, lauds American principles over liberal media," by Brandon Gillespie, January 19, 2022
- Yellowhammer News, "Katie Britt signs Taxpayer Protection Pledge vowing to oppose any tax increase as U.S. Senator," by Dylan Smith, 8/16/21
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Brandaun Dean is the first Democrat running for U.S. Senate," by Brandon Moseley, July 20, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Katie Britt supports Ivey's position on banning Critical Race Theory in public schools," by Brandon Moseley, July 15, 2021
- Yellowhammer News, "Katie Britt talks about her faith with Michael Yaffee--'Jesus Christ is the most important thing in life'," by Tim Howe, 7/9/21
- Yellowhammer News, "5 questions with Katie Britt--Immigration, court packing, rural Alabama and more," by Tim Howe, 6/24/21
- U.S. Embassy in Slovenia. "Ambassador Lynda C. Blanchard," 5/9/21
- Newsmax, "Mo Brooks to Newsmax TV: We Must Stand Up for Law and Order," by Theodore Bunker, 23 April 2021
- Politico.com, "Mo Brooks nabs Trump endorsement in Alabama Senate race," by Alex Isenstadt, 04/07/2021
- Birmingham News, "Mo Brooks suggests MLB boycott: Republicans are 'most likely able to afford' baseball tickets," by Ashley Remkus, Apr 03, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Congressman Brooks introduces bill to make E-Verify mandatory," by Brandon Moseley, April 2, 2021
- Yellow Hammer News, "A man in a skirt is not a woman--It is an abomination," Guest Opinion by Lynda Blanchard, candidate for AL Senate, April 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "ELECTIONS Q&A with Congressman Mo Brooks on his Senate campaign," by Brandon Moseley, March 25, 2021
- Propublica.org, "Mo Brooks Compared Biden's Election to the Start of the Civil War. Now He Wants a Senate Seat," by Isaac Arnsdorf, March 22, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Sewell votes in favor of American Rescue Plan coronavirus relief bill," by Brandon Moseley, 3/1/21
- Reuters News Service, "Congressional delegation to visit Amazon facility in Alabama to support union vote," by Nandita Bose & David Shepardson, March 1, 2021
- Facebook page Blanchard4Sen, "Lynda Blanchard for U.S. Senate" (downloaded March 2021)
- NBC Boston, "Alabama's 1st Black Congresswoman on the Sacrifices of the Elder Generation," February 24, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "League of Conservation Voters gives Sewell highest score in congressional delegation," by Brandon Moseley, February 22, 2021
- The Birmingham News: "Alabama Rep. Terri Sewell to run for Richard Shelby's Senate seat? 'We'll look very closely at it'," by Mary Colurso, Feb 20, 2021
- Fox News Politics, "Trump's ambassador to Slovenia launches Senate bid in Alabama," by Paul Steinhauser, February 18, 2021
- Auburn Alumni newsletter, "Opening International Doors: Lynda Blanchard '91," by Derek Herscovici, Jan 28, 2021
- Alabama Secretary of State website, sos.alabama.gov, "Biography", downloaded Jan. 2021
- Daily Princetonian, "U.S. Rep. Terri Sewell '86 becomes first African American woman to receive Whig-Clio's James Madison Award," by Ashley Fan, December 20, 2020
- Highland County Press, "'No Social Security for Illegal Aliens Act of 2020' introduced," January 13, 2020
- Birmingham News (AL.com), "Florence minister Will Boyd a pro-gun Democrat for Senate," by Lee Roop, Jun. 13, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Will Boyd: Funding for organizations providing women's healthcare.
Mike Durant: 100% pro-life, overturn Roe v. Wade; opposes choice.
Lynda Blanchard: Sanctity of life for all God's children, born and unborn.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Durant: Cut costs, cut programs, get to a balanced budget.
Terri Sewell: Frontline cities need more direct COVID assistance.
Jessica Taylor: I'm a big supporter of the free market.
Mo Brooks: 2010: Trend towards socialism will bankrupt America.
Will Boyd: Close the gender wage gap & champion race relations.
Will Boyd: Add LGBTQIA to the Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Mike Durant: Radicals redefine American values with Critical Race Theory.
Katie Britt: Supports equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.
Lynda Blanchard: Radical attempts to force transgender agenda an abomination.
Lynda Blanchard: No one can choose gender because God made that choice.
Terri Sewell: Backed Congressional Medal for 1963 church bombing victims.
John Merrill: 2016: Recognized by the ACLU as the Champion for Democracy.
Mo Brooks: 2014: Democrats wage war on whites.
Mo Brooks: Stay out of politics or adopt pro-America positions.
Will Boyd: Seek equal sentences for equal justice.
Mo Brooks: Stand up for law and order, back law enforcement community.
Mo Brooks: Allow doctors and patients right-to-try medical marijuana.
Will Boyd: Ensure that no public dollars go to support private schools.
Will Boyd: Close gap between cost of living and cost of education.
Jessica Taylor: Will end brainwashing of children with Critical Race Theory.
Energy & Oil|
Will Boyd: Invest in renewable energy, but include coal in the mix.
Brandaun Dean: For Green New Deal, reparations won't help living in bubbles.
Lynda Blanchard: Democrats trying to force Green New Deal on American People.
Lynda Blanchard: Climate fanatics are no better than snake oil salesman.
Jessica Taylor: Let the private sector handle climate change.
Will Boyd: Ensure access to clean drinking water and clean air for all.
Terri Sewell: League of Conservation Voters: highest score from Alabama.
Families & Children|
Will Boyd: Oppose efforts to limit Family and Medical Leave Act.
Lynda Blanchard: Improved the lives of thousands of families in 16 countries.
Lynda Blanchard: An advocate for people with special needs.
Lynda Blanchard: Ambassadors bring bilateral relationships to next level.
Will Boyd: Oppose agreements without recognized workers' rights.
Mike Durant: 100% pro-Trump, wants to get tougher with China on trade.
Jessica Taylor: For free trade, but China has been a bad actor.
Will Boyd: Support all efforts to end voter suppression.
Mike Durant: We were robbed of Trump's second term; can't happen again.
Katie Britt: Fight senseless federal regulations, overreach and red tape.
Lynda Blanchard: Election reform bill is a socialist wish list.
Lynda Blanchard: DC statehood & Court-packing are power grabs.
Mo Brooks: Democrats stole election: pretty much it for our country.
Terri Sewell: Voting Rights Act protects voices of the minority.
Mike Durant: Will fight for Constitutional Carry, opposes red flag laws.
Lynda Blanchard: Against restrictions on the 2nd Amendment.
Lynda Blanchard: Executive order an assault on law abiding gun owners.
Mo Brooks: Socialists hope for mass gun confiscations.
Will Boyd: I want you to have as many guns as you want.
Will Boyd: Support a health care program affordable to all.
Mike Durant: Opposes mask and vaccine mandates; should be free choice.
Jessica Taylor: Would vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Mike Durant: Strong national defense force important to Alabama economy.
Lynda Blanchard: Ending transgender ban will turn military into MTV show.
Will Boyd: Pathway to citizenship; undocumented shouldn't have to leave.
Mike Durant: Build the wall, no pathway to citizenship for "illegals".
Brandaun Dean: As mayor, declared Brighton, Alabama a sanctuary city.
Lynda Blanchard: Trump not to blame for border crisis; build the wall!
Mo Brooks: Don't flood labor market with cheap foreign labor.
Will Boyd: Support Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act.
Will Boyd: Raise minimum wage to $20, then to a Living Wage.
Lynda Blanchard: Dangerous socialists try to force workers into unions.
Mo Brooks: Mandate employers use E-Verify with harsh penalties.
Terri Sewell: Supports Amazon workers voting on whether to unionize.
Principles & Values|
Mike Durant: America is a beacon of hope and freedom for entire world.
Jessica Taylor: Flames of liberty make our country a shining city on a hill.
Brandaun Dean: I am Christian, I am open to other faiths.
Katie Britt: Jesus Christ most important thing in life, then family.
Lynda Blanchard: Seek divine guidance in all we do, including government.
Lynda Blanchard: MAGA Agenda here to stay; it's America First.
Mo Brooks: Trump endorsement: Brooks has COURAGE and FIGHT.
Mo Brooks: Spoke at rally: start taking down names and kicking ass.
Lynda Blanchard: Culture war will be won or lost over "transgender agenda".
Terri Sewell: Black women need a seat at the table.
John Merrill: Eagle Scout and involved with Boy Scouts of America.
Terri Sewell: Received Princeton distinguished public service award.
Terri Sewell: More things that combine and bind us than separate us.
Will Boyd: Oppose privatization of Social Security; protect benefits.
Mo Brooks: Introduced No Social Security for Illegal Aliens Act.
Katie Britt: Signed pledge: will not support any tax increases.
Mike Durant: Big Tech has censored the voices of conservatives.
War & Peace|
Mike Durant: Held as POW in Somalia when his Blackhawk was shot down.
Mike Durant: Should have declared victory in Afghanistan.
The above quotations are from 2022 Alabama Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Shelby up for re-election in 2022; Senate debates:
Incumbent Richard Shelby(R,retiring)
vs.U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks(R,lost runoff)
vs.Shelby staffer Katie Britt(R nominee)
vs.Ambassador Lynda Blanchard(R,ran for Governor instead)
State Rep. John Merrill(R,withdrew)
vs.Will Boyd(D, nominee)
vs.Mike Durant(R,lost primary)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 Alabama Senate debate:
vs. John Rogers(D)
Special election to replace Sen. Sessions in 2017:
2017 Alabama Senate debate,
2016 Alabama Senate debates, Shelby vs.Crumpton
2014 Alabama Senate "debates", Sessions unopposed
2008 Alabama Senate debate, Sessions vs. Figures
Sen. Tim Hutchinson (R, 1997-2003)