Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Meet the Press interviews during 2019
(Chuck Todd interviewing candidates for 2019-2020 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Meet the Press interviews during 2019 (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (6) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Bernie Sanders (5) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (2) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Jay Inslee (4) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- John Hickenlooper (2) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Michael Bennet (3) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mitt Romney (3) Massachusetts Former GOP Governor (2003-2006); Pres. candidate (2008)
- Pete Buttigieg (7) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bernie Sanders: No anti-choice appointments to Supreme Court.
Pete Buttigieg: Abortion is moral question decided by woman, not government.
John Hickenlooper: Against fetal heartbeat laws; favors access to contraception.
Budget & Economy|
Pete Buttigieg: Government investment can help minority businesses.
Amy Klobuchar: Government must address integrity of elections.
Pete Buttigieg: Address racial divide by showing up & building trust.
Amy Klobuchar: Reparations can mean investing in communities.
Pete Buttigieg: Capitalism is good, but it must be subject to rules.
Energy & Oil|
Bernie Sanders: Not enough to beat Trump; must beat fossil fuel industry.
Jay Inslee: Keep options open, including research on nuclear energy.
Bernie Sanders: Even-handed Mideast policy; open to moving Jerusalem embassy.
Bernie Sanders: Must support human rights, even with trading partners.
Amy Klobuchar: Military an option in Venezuela, but focus on diplomacy.
Pete Buttigieg: Change the way Supreme Court nominees are picked.
Pete Buttigieg: Common sense gun control can work under Second Amendment.
Bernie Sanders: Medicare-for-All will lead to stability, not disruption.
Michael Bennet: Public option better than Medicare for All.
Jay Inslee: Public option; more access to Medicare by lowering age.
Mitt Romney: Repeal Obamacare; Federal-state partnerships instead.
Amy Klobuchar: We can bring drug prices down; Trump can't.
Michael Bennet: Make public plan optional; others can keep private insurance.
Beto O`Rourke: Immediately undo Trump actions; work with Congress.
Jay Inslee: More hearing officers to process asylum cases.
Jay Inslee: Against Muslim ban; not afraid of diversity.
Mitt Romney: Secure the borders; deport people here illegally.
Mitt Romney: Reluctantly supports DACA, but need to crack down.
Pete Buttigieg: Problem isn't ICE; it's what they're ordered to do.
John Hickenlooper: Need a comprehensive reevaluation of our immigration laws.
Principles & Values|
Beto O`Rourke: Listen to voters, not special interests.
Michael Bennet: Continue investigations; see if public supports impeachment.
Amy Klobuchar: Hold president accountable with investigations & election.
Amy Klobuchar: Proposed new retirement accounts for those without.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amy Klobuchar Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Bernie Sanders Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Jay Inslee Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- John Hickenlooper Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Michael Bennet Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mitt Romney Massachusetts Former GOP Governor (2003-2006); Pres. candidate (2008)
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
The above quotations are from Meet the Press interviews during 2019
(Chuck Todd interviewing candidates for 2019-2020 races).