Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2015 Kentucky Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2015 KY Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jack Conway (12) Kentucky Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Matt Bevin (12) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Steve Beshear (3) Kentucky Democratic Governor (term-limited 2015)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kentucky Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Courier-Journal coverage of hour-long candidate debate held at the Crescent Hill Baptist Church in Louisville, by Joe Gerth, July 15, 2015
- CNHI News, "Bevin, Conway both flawed", by Ronnie Ellis, May 29, 2015
- Sentinel-News, Lexington Herald-Leader, and Associated Press coverage of Jack Conway as Attorney General, 2011-2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jack Conway: Same-sex marriage ban is last vestige of discrimination.
Jack Conway: Didn't challenge court ruling that allowed same-sex marriage.
Matt Bevin: Overturn voting rights to ex-felons who completed sentences.
Steve Beshear: Grant voting rights to ex-felons who completed sentences.
Matt Bevin: Restore felon voting rights, but only through legislature.
Steve Beshear: Restore right to vote to most nonviolent felons.
Jack Conway: Reduce crime via focus on cybercrime against kids.
Jack Conway: Fight prescription drug abuse; set up treatment centers.
Matt Bevin: End education monopoly with school choice and vouchers.
Jack Conway: Enforce consumer protection laws at for-profit schools.
Energy & Oil|
Jack Conway: Maintain low energy rates by protecting coal economy.
Matt Bevin: Fight against EPA's relentless attacks on the coal industry.
Jack Conway: Fight the EPA's burdensome regulations.
Jack Conway: Believes in right to bear arms and self-protection.
Jack Conway: Recovered $600M by suing providers for Medicaid fraud.
Matt Bevin: Disband KYNECT immediately; transition to federal system.
Jack Conway: Protect veterans and active servicemembers from fraud.
Matt Bevin: Minimum wage stifles job creation; reduce to $7.25.
Steve Beshear: Raise state worker minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10.
Jack Conway: Right to organize is pathway to middle class.
Matt Bevin: Replace prevailing wage requirements with Right-to-Work.
Principles & Values|
Matt Bevin: Led public Pledge of Allegiance, & speeches about patriotism.
Matt Bevin: Don't celebrate partisanship; call for unity instead.
Matt Bevin: Replace public pension system with 401(k) for new employees.
Jack Conway: Sue banks to recover Great Recession public pension losses.
Matt Bevin: Reduce tax revenue: not simple revenue neutrality.
Welfare & Poverty|
Matt Bevin: Random drug testing for welfare recipients.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jack Conway Kentucky Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Matt Bevin Kentucky Republican Governor
- Steve Beshear Kentucky Democratic Governor (term-limited 2015)
The above quotations are from 2015 Kentucky Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)