Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Presidential 2008 Political Courage Test, by Project Vote Smart
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 Political Courage Test (number of quotes indicated):
- Frank McEnulty (18) New American Independent Party
- Mike Gravel (15) Democrat
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Frank McEnulty: Support existing & new embryonic stem cell research.
Mike Gravel: Fund stem cell research on existing & new embryonic lines.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Gravel: Supports line-item veto; opposes signing statements.
Frank McEnulty: Civil unions & marriage OK for same-sex couples.
Frank McEnulty: No affirmative action; treat all people the same.
Mike Gravel: Discontinue public college & government affirmative action.
Frank McEnulty: Provide prison inmates with vocational skills.
Mike Gravel: Eliminate the federal death penalty.
Frank McEnulty: Decriminalize marijuana possession.
Frank McEnulty: Supports vouchers, charters, and local control.
Mike Gravel: Supports vouchers, charters, and magnet schools.
Energy & Oil|
Frank McEnulty: Energy independence via coal, natural gas, oil, and nuclear.
Frank McEnulty: Supports alternative fuels & “cap and trade” laws.
Mike Gravel: Institute a tax on oil.
Mike Gravel: Strengthen Clean Water Act & Clean Air Act.
Frank McEnulty: Trade agreements should help the American worker.
Mike Gravel: No sanctions on China or Venezuela, but no trade agreements.
Frank McEnulty: Public campaign funding for federal candidates.
Mike Gravel: Public taxpayer funding for federal candidates.
Mike Gravel: License for concealed carry; teach firearms safety.
Mike Gravel: Expand Medicare coverage & child healthcare programs.
Frank McEnulty: Military tribunals for terrorists.
Frank McEnulty: Expand missile defense shield.
Mike Gravel: No monitoring domestic communication; no military tribunals.
Mike Gravel: No additional homeland security funding; no missile defense.
Frank McEnulty: Establish English as the official national language.
Mike Gravel: Support amnesty for illegal immigrants already working here.
Mike Gravel: Support unionization; raise federal minimum wage.
Frank McEnulty: Let workers invest part of payroll tax in private accounts.
Frank McEnulty: Increased taxes often counterproductive to overall revenue.
Frank McEnulty: Rebuild our collapsing infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Frank McEnulty: Let the Marines and Army to do their job in Iraq.
Welfare & Poverty|
Frank McEnulty: Flexibility through federal block grants.
The above quotations are from Presidential 2008 Political Courage Test, by Project Vote Smart.
- 2020 Political Courage Test: House and Senate
- 2018 State legislation: House, Senate, and Governor
- 2016 State legislation: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and State
- 2013-2014 Political Courage Test: Gubernatorial & Senate, plus legislative records
- 2011-12 State legislation: House and Senate plus legislative records
- 2009-10 Political Courage Tests: Senatorial, Gubernatorial, and State legislation
- 2008 Political Courage Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2006 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2004 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2002 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2000 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential and Congress
- 1996-1998 Political Awareness Tests: House, Senate, and State
- Collections of Voter Guides:
- American Family Association iVoterGuides:
- Science Debate Voter Guides:
- CampusElect.org Voter Guides:
- AARP voter guides:
- Vote-USA.org voter guides:
- Miscellaneous voter guides: