Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2008 Kentucky Senate Debate between Mitch McConnell & Bruce Lunsford
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 Kentucky Senate Debate between Mitch McConnell & Bruce Lunsford (number of quotes indicated):
- Bruce Lunsford (9)
- Mitch McConnell (6)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Joint appearance between Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Democrat Bruce Lunsford, at the state fair, August 21, 2008, rported in:
- Joseph Gerth in Courier-Journal, "McConnell, Lunsford get personal"
- Dylan Lovan, Associated Press in Forbes magazine, "Politicians discuss energy costs"
- Ryan Alessi in Herald-Leader, "First Face-to-Face"
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Energy & Oil|
Bruce Lunsford: Expand drilling; draw strategic reserve; plus alternatives.
Mitch McConnell: Supports coal-to-liquid fuels, nuclear tech, & electric cars.
Mitch McConnell: Has clout to implement GOP solutions for high gas prices.
Bruce Lunsford: Double oil production by developing 70M federal acres.
Bruce Lunsford: Worked on father�s tobacco farm as a youngster.
Bruce Lunsford: Bring together all parties to review mountaintop removal.
Mitch McConnell: Trade agreements allow selling farm products abroad.
Bruce Lunsford: McConnell is bought and paid for by drug companies.
Bruce Lunsford: Agrees with all issues that AFL-CIO has asked him to support.
Principles & Values|
Bruce Lunsford: McConnell enables Bush & squandered 24 years in Senate.
Mitch McConnell: After 24 years, one of the two leaders in the US Senate.
Mitch McConnell: Leadership has value; freshmen have little impact.
Bruce Lunsford: Eliminate the capital gains tax.
Mitch McConnell: Resolve to lower capital gains taxes.
Bruce Lunsford: Supports net neutrality; McConnell stalled it.
The above quotations are from 2008 Kentucky Senate Debate between Mitch McConnell & Bruce Lunsford.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)