Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Utah Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 UT Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Gary Herbert (1) Utah Republican Governor
- Jonathan Johnson (11) Utah Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Mike Weinholtz (15) Utah Democratic candidate for Governor
- Vaughn Cook (6) Utah Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Utah Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- EqualityUtahPAC.org, "Equality Utah PAC endorses Mike Weinholtz", by Equality Utah PAC, September 13th, 2016
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Cook understands ‘culture of the state'", by Tony Semerad, Mar 01 2016
- KSL-TV, "Johnson runs first radio ads", by Lisa Riley Roche, Nov 30th, 2015
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Overstock stockpiled gold in case of economic collapse", by Robert Gehrke, Nov. 2 2015
- Deseret News, "Say no to Medicaid expansion", by Jonathan Johnson, September 17 , 2015
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Utah school board rejects larger role for governor", by Benjamin Wood, Jun 19 2015
- Salt Lake Tribune, "H-1B Visa Reform", by Jonathan Johnson, February 1, 2015
- Reuters, "72-hour wait for abortion," by Alex Dobuzinskis, March 20, 2012
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Guv signs revised abortion bill", by Robert Gehrke, March 8, 2012
- Deseret News, "Democrats readdress gay marriage, abortion", by Jared Page, June 14 2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mike Weinholtz: I fully support a woman's constitutional right to choose.
Vaughn Cook: Limit abortions to rape, incest, and health.
Budget & Economy|
Jonathan Johnson: Kept $11M in gold coins in case of financial crisis.
Mike Weinholtz: Early champion of marriage equality.
Mike Weinholtz: 100% score from Equality Utah for pro-LGBT policy stances.
Mike Weinholtz: Equal pay laws end illegal wage discrimination against women.
Jonathan Johnson: Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Vaughn Cook: Dems respect that most Utahns prefer traditional marriage.
Mike Weinholtz: Fully fund indigent defense; protect 6th Amendment rights.
Mike Weinholtz: Treat addiction & mental illness, instead of incarceration.
Mike Weinholtz: Increase school funding for K-12, more than 3%.
Mike Weinholtz: Promote trade schools; more publicly-funded college.
Vaughn Cook: Boost school funding & reduce class size.
Jonathan Johnson: Common Core runs counter to family & local control.
Gary Herbert: Collaborate to rewrite No Child Left Behind.
Energy & Oil|
Mike Weinholtz: Foolish to think coal & oil will continue to power the globe.
Mike Weinholtz: Air polluters know they are unlikely to be caught.
Vaughn Cook: Tougher pollution-control mandates to improve air quality.
Jonathan Johnson: Air quality retains and attracts business.
Mike Weinholtz: More restrictive campaign finance laws are necessary.
Jonathan Johnson: Protect right to own and carry guns.
Mike Weinholtz: Full Medicaid expansion & access to preventative care.
Vaughn Cook: Expand Medicaid programs covering the poor.
Jonathan Johnson: ObamaCare & Medicaid expansion: ever-increasing government.
Jonathan Johnson: Endorse Ted Cruz as strong champion for national defense.
Jonathan Johnson: I know plight of refugees; but no Syrians.
Jonathan Johnson: Support Immigration Innovation Act: more H1B visas.
Mike Weinholtz: Raise the minimum wage to fight against poverty.
Vaughn Cook: Raise Utah's minimum wage.
Mike Weinholtz: Convert 5% flat tax rate to progressive tax & raise $179M.
Jonathan Johnson: I will not raise taxes as governor.
Mike Weinholtz: Incentives to walk, bike, or take public transportation.
Jonathan Johnson: Elect transit officials instead of political appointments.
The above quotations are from 2016 Utah Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)