Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Pennsylvania Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 PA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Everett Stern (2) Republican Senate candidate Pennsylvania
- Joe Sestak (6) Democratic Senate Challenger Pennsylvania
- John Fetterman (15) Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Katie McGinty (19) Democratic Senate candidate Pennsylvania
- Pat Toomey (9) Republican Jr Senator Pennsylvania
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Pennsylvania Senate debates and race coverage:
- Marc Levy, Associated Press, in The Morning Call, "Toomey, McGinty joust over corporations", 9/12/2016
- Philadelphia Inquirer , "Immigration Advocates Law Enforcement", by Chris Brennan, July 07, 2016
- Marijuana.com, "Key Senate Races for Marijuana Reform," by Tom Angell on June 13th, 2016
- The Daily Chronic , "Pittsburgh NORML to Host Fundraiser for Fetterman", September 27, 2015
- The Morning Call, "Early endorsements for McGinty from Emily's List", by Laura Olson, 8/6/2015
- USW.org (United Steelworkers) press release, "USW Endorses McGinty," 8/5/2015
- The Morning Call, "Sestak critical of Toomey", by Laura Olson, 5/7/2015
- Post-Gazette, "Schwartz, McGinty lead gun control ratings", by Karen Langley, 7 April 2014
- WTAE, "Braddock mayor detains jogger", Jan 31, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Katie McGinty: Supports public funding for Planned Parenthood.
Pat Toomey: Great news that employer can withhold contraceptive coverage.
John Fetterman: Unabashedly pro-choice;protect constitutional abortion right.
Katie McGinty: Endorsed by EMILY's List.
Budget & Economy|
Everett Stern: Pro-growth: make small business loan more readily available.
Katie McGinty: It is past time to close the pay gap.
John Fetterman: Women only makes 78 cents for every dollar a man makes.
John Fetterman: Officiated at one of the first same-sex marriages in PA.
Katie McGinty: Support Consumer Financial Protection Bureau against banks.
Pat Toomey: AdWatch: Fights against corporate welfare & giant handouts.
Joe Sestak: Small manufacturing is on cusp of a comeback, if helped.
Everett Stern: Blue Lives Matter: Police officers aren't 2nd class citizens.
John Fetterman: Break the cycle of violence to decreases murders.
Katie McGinty: Medical marijuana yes; but legalization no.
Pat Toomey: Medical marijuana research yes; but state laws no.
John Fetterman: Very pro-legalization of marijuana.
John Fetterman: Started a GED program in Braddock before running for mayor.
Energy & Oil|
Katie McGinty: Corn ethanol as renewable fuel can replace some fossil fuels.
Pat Toomey: Corn ethanol is corporate welfare that hurts oil refineries.
Katie McGinty: No fracking COMPANY donations; but some from fracking execs.
John Fetterman: Encourage clean energy policies.
Families & Children|
John Fetterman: Involved with Big Brothers and AmeriCorps since age 23.
Katie McGinty: Supports Iran nuclear deal.
Katie McGinty: Defeat terrorist threats while upholding America's values.
John Fetterman: Proactively engage in preventative diplomacy.
John Fetterman: Fight to reverse bad trade policies like NAFTA.
Joe Sestak: Supports Ex-Im Bank & supports trade agreements in principle.
Joe Sestak: Supports TPP in principle, but verify openly before we trust.
Pat Toomey: Ex-Im Bank is an egregious forms of corporate welfare.
Katie McGinty: Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.
Pat Toomey: Voter ID law protects integrity of the system.
Katie McGinty: Stand against partisan attempts to disenfranchise voters.
Pat Toomey: Curb pork-barrel earmarks by law.
Pat Toomey: Expand background checks and apply terrorist watch lists.
Katie McGinty: Scored 100% on CeaseFire Pennsylvania survey.
John Fetterman: Brandished shotgun after hearing shots fired on street.
Katie McGinty: Guarantee world's best-equipped & best-trained military.
Katie McGinty: Support DREAM Act plus earned path to citizenship.
Katie McGinty: Communicate with federal officials instead of sanctuary city.
Pat Toomey: Withhold community funding from sanctuary cities like Philly.
John Fetterman: Wife's family came to Americas as illegal immigrants.
John Fetterman: If illegals lead an exemplary life, create a path.
Joe Sestak: Increase minimum wage to $10.80 now & $15 later.
John Fetterman: Backs $15-an-hour minimum wage.
Katie McGinty: Backs $15-an-hour minimum wage.
John Fetterman: Support raising the minimum wage to at least $15 an hour.
Katie McGinty: Endorsed by United Steelworkers.
Joe Sestak: Never raise, never, the age for our seniors to retire.
Katie McGinty: Cuts to Social Security are wrong for working families.
Joe Sestak: Faster path through patent-approval process.
War & Peace|
Katie McGinty: No ground troops against ISIS.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Everett Stern Republican Senate candidate Pennsylvania
- Joe Sestak Democratic Senate Challenger Pennsylvania
- John Fetterman Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Katie McGinty Democratic Senate candidate Pennsylvania
- Pat Toomey Republican Jr Senator Pennsylvania
The above quotations are from 2016 Pennsylvania Senate race: debates and news coverage.