Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Montana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 MT Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill McChesney (1) Montana Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Brad Johnson (3) Montana Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Greg Gianforte (15) Montana Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Mark Perea (5) Montana Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Steve Bullock (8) Montana Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Montana Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- MTStandard.com, "Greg Gianforte right on immigration issue", by Austin Knudsen, June 18th, 2016
- Great Falls Tribune, "Governor: Bullock, Gianforte, Nelson, McChesney", by Great Falls Tribune staff, May 10th, 2016
- KFBB Fox News, "Gianforte releases tax plan," by Ben Kaplan, 4/18/2016
- GreatFallsTribune.com, "Governor reviews equal pay efforts", by Phil Drake, April 12th, 2016
- The Missoulian, "Summit on wage gap", by Bobby Caina Calvan, March 11, 2016
- The Missoulian, "Former legislator steps into Democratic governor's race", by Matt Volz and Bobby Caina Calvan, March 11, 2016
- BillingsGazette.com, "Gianforte outlines his policy priorities for governorship", by Jayme Fraser, January 24th, 2016
- Ozy.com. "Can Greg Gianforte save Montana from poverty?", by Meghan Walsh, Jan. 13, 2016
- KRTV.com, "Republican Brad Johnson kicks off gubernatorial campaign", by Mike Dennison, September 23rd, 2015
- HuffingtonPost.com, "Noah From The Bible Didn't Retire, So This Likely GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Doesn't See Why You Should", by Samantha Lachman, June 10th, 2015
- The Bozeman Daily Chronicle, "First contestant enters GOP gubernatorial field", by Troy Carter, Feb 1, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Greg Gianforte: Supported anti-abortion campaigns through Family Foundation.
Brad Johnson: Conservative opposition to abortion.
Mark Perea: Enforce ban on abortion services, except maybe for rape.
Greg Gianforte: We need equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.
Steve Bullock: Address persistent wage gap between men and women.
Greg Gianforte: Promoted openly gay workers despite his religious beliefs.
Steve Bullock: First MT governor to officiate same-sex wedding.
Steve Bullock: Close the wage gap for women.
Mark Perea: Gay people are just like anybody else.
Greg Gianforte: BootStrapping for Businesses: mentors entrepreneurs.
Greg Gianforte: Philosophically OK with death penalty; but is it worth it?
Greg Gianforte: Provides high school scholarships for computer coding.
Greg Gianforte: Supports school choice and voucher initiatives.
Greg Gianforte: Helped build a museum based on creationist beliefs.
Brad Johnson: Supports school choice.
Mark Perea: Allot vouchers based on what we spend now per child.
Families & Children|
Steve Bullock: Unemployment benefits to victims of domestic violence.
Steve Bullock: Primary allows spending $667K instead of returning it.
Greg Gianforte: Eliminate excessive regulations that burden businesses.
Greg Gianforte: Lifetime member of the NRA.
Steve Bullock: Worked with legislature to expand Medicaid.
Greg Gianforte: Provide for those who cannot provide for themselves.
Brad Johnson: Opposes Medicaid expansion.
Greg Gianforte: Oppose efforts to relocate refugees into Montana.
Steve Bullock: Safety first; review protocols for Syrian refugees.
Greg Gianforte: Address Montana's dismal national standing on wages.
Principles & Values|
Bill McChesney: Served in state legislature from 2007 until 2015.
Mark Perea: Americans lose liberty at hands of federal government.
Greg Gianforte: Noah in the Bible was still working at age 600.
Greg Gianforte: 406 Tax Relief plan: cut taxes & freeze government spending.
Steve Bullock: Don't benefit the wealthy at the expense of middle class.
Mark Perea: Replace IRS with flat income tax.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill McChesney Montana Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Brad Johnson Montana Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Greg Gianforte Montana Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Mark Perea Montana Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Steve Bullock Montana Democratic Governor
The above quotations are from 2016 Montana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)