Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2012 Connecticut Senate Debate
Connecticut Senate debates:
- Debate coverage by Mary E. OíLeary, New Haven Register, March 3, 2012
- Associated Press coverage of CT Senate debate on WTNH, 5 Apr 2012
- Debate coverage by WFSB, April 15, 2012; hosted by Face the State with Dennis House;
moderators Angela Dias of WTIC Radio and Brian Lockhart of Hearst Newspapers.
- Democratic & GOP Primary debate coverage by Associated Press, NBC Connecticut, Hartford Courant & Connecticut Day, April 15-22, 2012.
- Gregory Hladky in the New Haven Advocate 5/4/2010
- New Haven Register and Easton Daily Voice on CT Democratic primary Senate debate, May 23 & 24, 2012.
- Hartford Courant on CT Democratic primary Senate debate, May 24, 2012: one-on-one Chris Murphy and Susan Bysiewicz; at Central Connecticut State University; organized by WNPR's public affairs program, "Where We Live".
- Westport News and Minuteman News Center coverage of CT Democratic primary Senate debate in Westport Town Hall, May 30, 2012.
- June 14 first one-on-one GOP primary debate: Linda McMahon and Christopher Shays, hosted by the University of Connecticut, sponsored by The Hartford Courant and FOX CT.
- New Haven Register on 2012 CT Senate debate 6/29/2012 and 7/18/2012
- New Orleans TImes-Picayune (LA); Connecticut Mirror; and Darien Patch coverage; plus Hartford Courant fact-checking; 2012 CT Senate debate, 7/22-31.
- New Haven Register coverage of CT Senate debates, 9/27/2012
- Boston Globe coverage of CT Senate debates, 10/18/2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris Murphy: I'm more pro-choice than opponent; but no late-term abortion.
Linda McMahon: I'm a pro-choice woman; not part of anti-woman agenda.
Budget & Economy|
Susan Bysiewicz: Tax securities transactions $150B to fund mortgage relief.
Christopher Shays: OpEd: Spent $200M on "Bridge to Nowhere".
Christopher Shays: OpEd: Voted to raise the debt ceiling 8 times.
Linda McMahon: I'm proud of WWE history; it's not a "war on women".
Linda McMahon: We need more business people like me in Washington.
Susan Bysiewicz: Close Wall Street's hedge fund loophole.
Susan Bysiewicz: Hold Wall Street accountable and end corporate welfare.
Susan Bysiewicz: Too few politicians fail to take on Wall Street.
Chris Murphy: OpEd: Campaign coffers overflow with Wall Street donations.
Chris Murphy: Keep preferential tax for hedge funds; costs too much to cut.
Susan Bysiewicz: End preferential tax treatment for hedge fund gains.
Susan Bysiewicz: Use fees on selling securities to help under-water mortgages.
Chris Murphy: Admits past marijuana usage.
Susan Bysiewicz: Never smoked marijuana.
Susan Bysiewicz: Hold colleges accountable for rising tuition.
Susan Bysiewicz: Tie federal aid to schools' efforts to control tuition costs.
Chris Murphy: Keep student loan rates at 3.4% instead of 6%.
Energy & Oil|
Chris Murphy: Cap oil prices; let market decide green technology.
Susan Bysiewicz: Require energy buybacks from solar panels and windmills.
Chris Murphy: Energy reform is my holy grail.
Chris Murphy: End oil speculation to drive down gas prices.
Susan Bysiewicz: Security transactional tax to invest in green technology.
Susan Bysiewicz: Two-state solution in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Chris Murphy: US support of Israel is in our national security interest.
Susan Bysiewicz: Make changes to NAFTA; close loopholes to send jobs overseas.
Chris Murphy: Buy American Act for government purchasing.
Susan Bysiewicz: Renegotiate NAFTA; it cost 1 million manufacturing jobs.
Susan Bysiewicz: Repeal Citizens United; end loopholes for special interests.
Susan Bysiewicz: Public financing for federal elections.
Chris Murphy: NRA has more control over Congress than any other group.
Christopher Shays: ObamaCare takes away $500 billion from Medicare.
Chris Murphy: I'm a huge supporter of the public option.
Susan Bysiewicz: Many are just one bad medical test away from losing all.
Chris Murphy: Concerned about Patriot Act's impact on citizens' rights.
Chris Murphy: Impose a war tax to give citizens a stake in battle.
Susan Bysiewicz: If we had a draft, Iraq & Afghan wars would be shorter.
Chris Murphy: US aid to Israel had nothing to do with 9/11.
Chris Murphy: Keep Groton submarine base open.
Susan Bysiewicz: Close bases overseas and bring troops home.
Christopher Shays: Issue "blue cards" for undocumented workers.
Christopher Shays: Blue card: let illegals work & pay taxes but no citizenship.
Linda McMahon: No amnesty, but expand visas for temporary workers.
Christopher Shays: I was part of the solution in Congress on creating jobs.
Linda McMahon: Six-point jobs growth plan; cut taxes for the middle class.
Linda McMahon: We need to send job-creators to Washington.
Principles & Values|
Linda McMahon: OpEd: Spent $50M of her own money on 2010 Senate race.
Linda McMahon: WWE was provocative, but provided 700 jobs & work ethic.
Chris Murphy: To do nothing about entitlements is irresponsible.
Chris Murphy: Earnings cap for Soc.Sec.; and means-testing for Medicare.
Linda McMahon: Can't offer specifics or I'll be ''demagogued'' by press.
Linda McMahon: Debate & analyze entitlement reform, but no budget cuts.
Chris Murphy: Raise debt ceiling instead of privatizing Social Security.
Chris Murphy: Invest in local infrastructure & stronger Buy American laws.
Chris Murphy: Massive infrastructure spending; great deals now.
War & Peace|
Chris Murphy: Economic sanctions as main tactic against Iran.
Susan Bysiewicz: War only as a last resort against Iran.
Chris Murphy: Stark differences with Lieberman about the Iraq War.
Susan Bysiewicz: We should get troops out of Afghanistan yesterday.
Chris Murphy: Ending Iraq & Afghan wars saves $2B per week.
The above quotations are from 2012 Connecticut Senate Debate.