Speeches at Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
Budget & Economy|
Sarah Palin: Control spending by request if possible; by veto if needed.
Mike Huckabee: I witnessed firsthand the shameful evil of racism.
John McCain: I want schools to answer to parents and students.
Energy & Oil|
John McCain: Attack the energy problem on every front.
Sarah Palin: Produce more of our own oil & gas, for national security.
Sarah Palin: Gas pipeline:historyís largest private-sector infrastructure.
Sarah Palin: More pipelines; more nukes; more coal; more alternatives.
Families & Children|
Sarah Palin: Special-needs children will have her as a friend & advocate.
John McCain: Iím prepared for the dangerous threats in this world.
Rudy Giuliani: No one told Obama that Russia has a veto power at the UN.
John McCain: Partisan rancor isnít a cause, itís a symptom.
John McCain: Fought corruption and the big spenders in both parties.
John McCain: Share the credit for good ideas instead of fighting over it.
Sarah Palin: Shook up the good-olí boys network with major ethics reform.
Sarah Palin: Vetoed nearly half a billion dollars in wasteful spending.
John McCain: I hate war; itís terrible beyond imagination.
Sarah Palin: Focus on fighting Al-Qaeda terrorists, not on reading rights.
John McCain: Help workers find new jobs that wonít go away.
Principles & Values|
John McCain: I fight for Americans; I fight for you.
John McCain: Warning to Washington crowd: Change is coming.
John McCain: Fight to restore the pride and principles of our party.
John McCain: America is an idea and a cause worth fighting for.
John McCain: Iím running for president because my country saved me.
John McCain: Serve a cause greater than yourself.
John McCain: Iím a proud citizen of the greatest country on Earth.
John McCain: Fight for whatís right for our country.
Mitt Romney: Opportunity is what lets hope become reality.
Mitt Romney: Liberals replace opportunity with dependency on government.
Fred Thompson: Need a president who feels no need to apologize for America.
Fred Thompson: Obama is the most liberal and inexperienced nominee ever.
Mike Huckabee: I didnít want to wait for the government to rescue me.
Sarah Palin: Small towns produced Harry Truman as V.P.; and produced me.
Sarah Palin: Signed up for PTA; then ran for City Council; then Mayor.
George W. Bush: Believe in the goodness and wisdom of the American people.
Joseph Lieberman: Politicians are fighting each other but not for the people.
Joseph Lieberman: Being an American before being a Democrat or a Republican.
John McCain: Double the child tax exemption from $3,500 to $7,000.
Sarah Palin: Raising taxes hurts small business and hurts jobs.
War & Peace|
Rudy Giuliani: The Democrats rarely mentioned the 9/11 attacks at the DNC.
George W. Bush: We need a president who understands the lessons of 9/11.
The above quotations are from Speeches at Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Third debate, Hofstra U., Hempstead NY, Oct. 15, 2008
- Second debate, Belmont U., Nashville TN, Oct. 7, 2008
- V.P. debate, Washington U. in St. Louis, Oct. 2, 2008
- First debate, U. Mississippi, Sept. 26, 2008
- Convention coverage:
- Democratic Convention, Aug. 26-28, 2008
- Republican Convention, Sep. 2-4, 2008
- All the issues: McCain
- Joint apperances by McCain and Obama:
- Saddleback Civil Forum on the PresidencyAug 16, 2008
- NAACP 99th Annual Conference, July 12, 2008
- NALEO 25th Annual Conference, June 28, 2008
- Biographies & platforms: (excerpts and book reviews)
- Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics, by Joe Biden
- Why Courage Matters, by John McCain
- Faith of My Fathers: A Family Memoir, by John McCain
- The Blueprint for Change, Obama's campaign platform booklet
- Dreams From My Father, by Barack Obama
- The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream, by Barack Obama